(Topic ID: 298924)

Gottlieb Jet Spin - Extra Ball and Bonus Light issues.

By blibb

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by blibb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jet Spin Bonus Unit lights (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hi Pinside!

I recently spent some time refurbishing a lightbulb socket only to figure out weeks later, that it was the connection on a drop target switch that was the problem. The reason I mention that is because I own a Gottlieb Jet Spin that has flickering light issues on some of the bonus lights and extra ball lights. A friend suggested it was probably the bonus unit stepper rivets that needed cleaning. That seems logical to me, but I want to ask here first in case there is another relay or switch that activates the extra ball light instead of the stepper. Thanks if your familiar with the machine and can answer.

#2 2 years ago

Seems like sound advice:
Jet Spin Bonus Unit lights (resized).jpgJet Spin Bonus Unit lights (resized).jpg
/Mark

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Seems like sound advice:
[quoted image]
/Mark

Thank you, @MarkG!

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Seems like sound advice:
[quoted image]
/Mark

Lights all work beautifully. Thanks again, @MarkG!
Do you know off hand if Jet Spin's bonus is 1k to 16k or 0k to 15k?

It was 0 to 15. After cleaning it seems to be 1 to 16. I may have miss judged by a rivet, but I think I like this more. It seems to work.

#5 2 years ago

I don't know but I suspect the bonus should go from 0-15. The bonus should count down to 0 and at 15 you should get an extra ball or a credit. Given that I don't think they'd intend for you get to 16.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

I don't know but I suspect the bonus should go from 0-15. The bonus should count down to 0 and at 15 you should get an extra ball or a credit. Given that I don't think they'd intend for you get to 16.

I watched about 6 videos and they all go from 0 to 15. Further to your point. When it was set for 1 to 16. The specials turned on at 15 and then off at 16. Not much point in maxing the bonus. Fixed it. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-jet-spin-extra-ball-and-bonus-light-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.