Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JS-Replay.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Alright, this one has me stumped.

I can start 1 and 2 player games by hitting the start (replay) button. After the 2nd player is correctly activated, pressing the start button again to start the 3rd and/or 4th player does absolutely nothing. If I go in and engage the V relay manually it will start up players 3 and 4 normally. I can then play a 4-player game no problem, and when it resets again at startup, all scores go back to zero.

Literally, the only problem is that it will not allow me to start up either the 3rd or 4th player. Any thoughts on where I should be looking? Here's the section of the schematic with the V "Replay" relay as well as the Replay button.

JS-Replay.jpgJS-Replay.jpg

#2 8 years ago

The V relay needs to activate each time the replay button is pressed, and a switch on V closes to activate the Start relay.

So it must be working for the first two players. At that point a couple of the more simple possibilities are that either:
- the zero position switch on the replay unit (aka credit unit) is open, indicating there are no more credits available to add more players
- the 4th position switch on the coin unit is opening (early), indicating that 4 players are already credited

If the game has been set up for 'free play', then it's possible that the zero position switch on the replay unit has already been overridden, to always be closed, so maybe the coin unit switch is the place to start. The Coin Unit is the stepper on the score motor board.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks! Yes, the game was setup for free play by removing the wire on the coil that decrements the credit unit, so there's always credit on the game.

I'll check out the 4th Position switch on the Coin Unit tonight when I get home and let you know what I find!

#4 8 years ago

Yup - it was the 4th position switch on the score coin unit. How on earth it got bent that far out of whack is a mystery, but it's up and running like a champ! Thanks, DirtFlipper!

#5 8 years ago

Excellent. Enjoy the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-jet-spin-cant-start-a-3-or-4-player-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.