pasted_image (resized).png
PlayerUnit01a (resized).jpg
yytttytu (resized).png
Jet Spin14a (resized).JPG
Jet Spin13 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture1 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HowardR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipS:

Points are being scored for the wrong player

These 16 switches on the Player unit control which player receives scored points.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7 4 years ago

Do the Player Up lights light correctly or with the erroneous scoring?

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipS:

When the points that are supposed to go to player 1 go instead to player 4, the solenoid in the PU only fires three times instead of the four times it needs to fire to get back to player 1

In that case, it's looking like the switches in my first post are working OK and the problem is getting the Player Unit solenoid to fire 4 times.

The problem is probably in the area frenchmarky circled in his post or in the coin unit to the right of that.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-jet-spin-1-player-game-scores-points-for-other-players#post-5350316

#40 4 years ago

If you'd like to try a phone call, send me your cellphone number in a private message and I'll make a first reply with a text message.

#42 4 years ago

Since you're still posting here, did you check the switches I suggested inmy post 37?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-jet-spin-1-player-game-scores-points-for-other-players#post-5350580

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipS:

Where are the P2G, P3G and P4G switches located?

From the last page of a Gottlieb manual (this one from Top Score)

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipS:

Thanks! I'm not seeing P2G, P3G, P4G from the schematic, detailed in post #34. I'm assuming they are switches above P2E, P3E, P4E?

Yes

#49 4 years ago

After I asked him to pay attention to the pattern of Player Unit solenoid misfires, the actual Jet Spin owner ( Kevlar51 ) emailed me this description:

I played through 12 single player games and watched/listened to the Player Unit solenoid. Each time that a score went to the wrong reel, the solenoid would fire-fire-stutter/fire-fire. Meaning the third firing was abnormal, but there would still be what I'd consider to be a normal fire at the end.

That narrows down the problem to this leg of the logic. So the next step is to attach an Alligator Clip Jumper across the White-Blue to White-Brown on the Coin unit disk and see if that eliminates the Player Unit solenoid misfires.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HowardR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-jet-spin-1-player-game-scores-points-for-other-players?tu=HowardR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.