Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

On my Gottlieb Incredible Hulk, I have a small problem.

Everything is working perfectly except one thing. When you go in the left "A" trap it automatically lights the "Special" Free Ball at the bottom. It's not supposed to do that until you hit "A" , "B" and drop all the drop targets for "C"

Everything has been rebuilt and all connectors have been re-pinned. Everything else is perfect.

Any ideas where to start looking.

#2 6 years ago

Go into the game's diagnostics and test the switches and test the lamps. Make sure that all the assignments match up with the lamp and switch assignments in the manual.

If anything is incorrect there, that may help indicate what the issue might be.

#3 6 years ago

Doh!

I though I had done all the ground mods. Forgot the Mpu ground mod. Sheesh what a Noob move!

Problem fixed.

#4 6 years ago

Well that's not it. Did the ground mod on the MPU and the problem went away. Now it's back.

No closed switches and no other problems. The "K" chip on the mpu is getting toasty hot though. Is it supposed to?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from hailrazer:

Well that's not it. Did the ground mod on the MPU and the problem went away. Now it's back.
No closed switches and no other problems. The "K" chip on the mpu is getting toasty hot though. Is it supposed to?

A little warm, sure. Not uncomfortably warm to touch, though. That might indicate that something is shorting out on that MPU.

The problem might also be heat-related in that something is expanding and then losing contact or creating a short. Check the back of the board for cracked solder joints or stray solder drips.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-incredible-hulk-scoring-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.