Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by toddtuckey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Here's a really nice Ice Fever...made from three machines...won't get any nicer than this! SHipping to Nevade to Baseball Legend Pete Rose! Plus, I had some fun with our green screen too! Take a look! Todd

#2 9 years ago

wow.

#3 9 years ago

I wrote a letter to Pete in 1980 and never heard back. Ask him when he's going to get to that letter.

Nice machine!

#4 9 years ago

that's awesome, another fine looking pin from Todd, Pete Rose was one of my favorite players when I was a kid growing up in philly

#5 9 years ago

Pete Rose a legend? Please. That guy isn't even in the Hall of Fame!

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Tanner:

I wrote a letter to Pete in 1980 and never heard back. Ask him when he's going to get to that letter.
Nice machine!

I 'bet' you never hear back from him. Bah-dah-bum

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Pete Rose a legend? Please. That guy isn't even in the Hall of Fame!

he was a hero to a 10 year old kid watching the Phillies win the 1980 world series, I remember my dad driving us around in the car with the crazy philly fans running around naked celebrating , Pete Rose is a legend to the philly fans, I bet you didn't know we called him Charlie Hustle

#9 9 years ago

i watched a espy 30 for 30 short about what he is up to now. He works in a retail store at Ceasar's Palace signing what ever for cash.

Kind of a bummer.

#10 9 years ago

Sounds like a safe bet

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

he was a hero to a 10 year old kid watching the Phillies win the 1980 world series, I remember my dad driving us around in the car with the crazy philly fans running around naked celebrating , Pete Rose is a legend to the philly fans, I bet you didn't know we called him Charlie Hustle

I think my attempt at humor was lost on you.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

i watched a espy 30 for 30 short about what he is up to now. He works in a retail store at Ceasar's Palace signing what ever for cash.
Kind of a bummer.

that sucks, I just try to remember the good ole days

#13 9 years ago

I called him while he was on the radio once and thanked him for the 80 season.I skipped school and went to the parade, never forget it. Loved how he spiked the ball after every 3rd out when he played first base. He is in ceasars almost every day signing away, for a fee. I saw a table of signed pete rose baseballs at a show last year where he inscribed everything you could think of. "I bet on baseball-pete rose","I'm responsible for global warming -pete rose", "I shot kennedy-pete rose". It was kind of funny and sad at the same time.
I still love him for that 80 season but he shouldn't be in the hall of fame.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

I bet you didn't know we called him Charlie Hustle

I'm pretty sure every baseball fan knows that was his nickname.

#15 9 years ago

Who's Pete Rose?

#16 9 years ago

Beautiful machine. Great vid (as always). I'm sure Pete will love it. Thanks for posting this!

#17 9 years ago

Thanks!! Watch my new Richie Knucklez Arcade in Flemington NJ (flat rate admission) video...he has several pinballs there...Hook, Robocop, Gridiron, Pinbot, etc! He also has the movie King Of Arcades out now! Todd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Electronics
Cobra Amusements
Electronics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-ice-fever-sold-to-baseball-legend-pete-rose-tnt-amusements and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.