• Latest reply 6 years ago by TK2012
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled-1 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I have a Gottlieb Hot Shot with a couple of problems. My other problem can be found under this title (in case they are related):

Gottlieb Hot Shot - Game ends when Player 2 should get 3rd ball

For this topic, when the drop target for ball #5 is dropped and the ball drains, the score motor will begin to increment and then stop on ball #5. I find that when this happens, if I manually open the switch on ball #5 drop target the score unit will move on.

Other drop targets are also affected to different degrees. While #5 is very consistent in this adverse behavior, others are less consistent or will eventually register after the score motor makes a few cycles. (There may be other equally bad performers. Let me know if I need to map out the entire set.)

A clip of the schem is attached, and for the life of me I cannot understand how manually opening the ball #5 drop flag switch can allow the score motor to move on, without having the same problem on all of the other targets. It seems that opening that switch would only be helpful if something downstream was the problem, but as I said, downstream seems to work fine for some drop targets. If anything, the lack of a connection at this switch would seem more likely to cause (different) problems, not continuity at the switch.

Ideas?

THANKS!
George Moon

Untitled-1 (resized).jpgUntitled-1 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Check all contacts on C,O, I, J, and clean bonus unit & all the drop targets. Something is`t making contact.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-hot-shot-score-motor-spins-endlessly-certain-drop-targets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.