• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by bonzo71
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bonzo71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I'm working on a Gottlieb Hot Shot that I've never had in working order. The most serious issue with the game was a missing switch stack on the SB2 relay. The missing stack only had two switches and I was able to replace these from a spare reset bank. Here is the thread with the photos of my game as it was give to me.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-hot-shot-missing-reset-bank-partsphotosparts-needed

Now that this is fixed, I'm starting to go through the game and I'm not able to get it to reset. After I hit start, the score motor spins, SB1/SB2 on the reset bank close (these relays are linked), The Z2 relay locks and the 3rd and 4th player score reels reset, but Z1 is not activated and the 1st and 2nd score reels do not reset and the player unit does not reset.

I have a schematic, but just can't figure out why Z1 is not activating. Any help would be appreciated.

#3 5 years ago

Lee,

Thank you for the detailed reply. This gives me a few things to check. I'll report back soon.

#4 5 years ago

I believe my issues are related to the score reel switches being out of adjustment. I do not understand it, but nearly every reel needed some adjustment. 2 still need more, but they are close. At one point the reels set and the player unit kicked in. As a guy who is used to Williams reels, these are much more difficult to adjust. I'll work on this a bit more tonight.

#10 5 years ago

Getting closer.. the reels need more adjustment. There is one reel with so little movement between the zero position and the 1-8 position that it can not be properly adjusted. How can I get a bit more lift between the zero and 1-8 positions? Also, the 100 point relay is locking...even with the playfield disconnected. Could this have something to do with the player unit switches?

#13 5 years ago

The issue with the game was the score reels. Many of the score reel switch were out of adjustment and some switch actuators on on the wrong side of the switches. I have about 3 hour invested in learning to tear these down and adjust them. I finally played a couple games in a row without any major issues. Even the 1x 2x 3x bonus is working properly! I have a couple bad lamp sockets and the to center 8 ball is not scoring or award the 8 ball. I think these are minor issues compared to reconstructing the reset bank and the score reels.

I should also mention I do not like the switches on the outside of the z1 and z2 relays. Someone before me actually has one of the outside switches bent back into the frame which caused some confusion on my part. Having the switch outside of the frame makes them difficult to adjust.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me out on this one!!

#15 5 years ago

Yes, it was the switches on score reels 3/4 that would not allow z2 to drop out. So I went through the reel all of the reels and messed up some on the 1/2 player and had z1 lock. Eventually I was able to work through them all.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bonzo71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-hot-shot-reset-problem-z1-not-activated?tu=bonzo71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.