Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gottleib Step Switch adjustment (resized).jpg
DSCN1385 (resized).JPG
#1 3 years ago

Is the bonus unit on this machine suppose to step 2 teeth at a time on the paw?Everytime this units plunger pulls in,the paw that pushes the bakelite steps 2 teeth at a time. I've worked on many units and never seen one step 2 at a time.Usually it's 1 at a time. Anybody out the have a hot shot they can check for me.It seems odd,but it also seems that it was made this way.
Thanks

DSCN1385 (resized).JPGDSCN1385 (resized).JPG
#2 3 years ago

I know of at least one game (Sweet Sioux) that could advance a stepper 1 or 2 steps, but it had a separate coil for each. Otherwise I think all steppers are meant to take a single step per pulse. You may need to adjust the stop for the advance arm on yours.
Gottleib Step Switch adjustment (resized).jpgGottleib Step Switch adjustment (resized).jpg
/Mark

#3 3 years ago

This one is different because it skips the balls that aren't lit as it counts down. It's been a couple of years but runbikeskilee and I worked on his for days trying to get that bonus to count right. Maybe he'll chime in here because I don't remember it that well now

#4 3 years ago

The bonus stepper is supposed to advance one tooth at a time. If it is advancing 2 I'd suggest adjusting the plunger travel by the coil lowering the housing.

#5 3 years ago

Also make sure the I and J relay contacts are adjusted just perfectly, and switch stack screws are tight. Hot Shot is very unforgiving on bonus count misadjustments.

2 years later
#6 1 year ago

I'm still trying to get this dialed in on my Big Shot. I gave up and live with it. That bonus stepper works overtime on every ball. Horrible design.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-hot-shot-bonus-stepper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.