Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by dmarston
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 months ago

I lend a Hot Shot pin to a local club. I've explained that player 1 ball one will not advance to ball 2 or player 2 ball one unless either a 10 or 100 point increment is scored. It is not uncommon for the ball to go through one of the two top 1000 point lanes with no other scoring..which also does not cause P1B1 to advance. Can someone here confirm this is normal operation? It is causing confusion and doubt at our club..

#2 6 months ago

That Makes sense! I took a Disqualification on a game in a tournament today, because I played what I thought was my ball when indeed, it never changed it from player 1 when to player 2 after his short ball. I did NOT notice that it did NOT advance to player 2. When you play somebodys ball in a tournament. You get disqualified!

#3 6 months ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

Can someone here confirm this is normal operation?

Yes this is normal. Looking at about 12 on the schematic, only a Tilt, 10, or 100 can trip the First Ball (ZB) relay.

#4 6 months ago

This game is occasionally used in competition. Sometimes it malfunctions, but other times, like in this scenario, it is just not understood by the players or people running the tournament. It is an advantage for player 1. I know this is not unique to this game, but it seems to impact it more due to air balls or balls that only score a 1k increment.

#5 6 months ago

Yes, that is normal operation exactly as Howard has spelled out. I own the game and I have seen it do that same behavior for P1B1 a number of times. It is not that rare to plunge the ball down one of the top thousand point rollovers and then have it slide down the side right along the slingshot without tripping it and go out down the middle.

I agree that it is not a great game to choose for competitions because the first player has a small advantage.

#6 6 months ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

I lend a Hot Shot pin to a local club. I've explained that player 1 ball one will not advance to ball 2 or player 2 ball one unless either a 10 or 100 point increment is scored. It is not uncommon for the ball to go through one of the two top 1000 point lanes with no other scoring..which also does not cause P1B1 to advance. Can someone here confirm this is normal operation? It is causing confusion and doubt at our club..

Good ol’ Gottlieb!

#7 6 months ago
Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

I agree that it is not a great game to choose for competitions because the first player has a small advantage.

If being used for competition, the owner should modify the game by putting a new switch on the 1000 relay that is parallel to the ones on the 10 and 100 relays.
.................David Marston

#8 6 months ago

That might help, but player one still gets the first ball over if he happens to plunge an air ball, whereas the other players do not.

Better to design a mod that removes the player one, first-ball relay function.

#9 6 months ago
Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

but player one still gets the first ball over if he happens to plunge an air ball

Then put a rollover switch near the top of the runway (aka plunger lane).
.................David Marston

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.