Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by AviRoo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hiya Folks. I seem to be starting alot of threads, My apologies in that regard, I've been updating the older threads with information and if they're closed or not. This is another one of my pinball machines that acquired throughout the week. It's a 1973 Gottlieb "hot shot'.. It's similar to 'Big Shot' and 'Pro Pool' based on information i've read but i have no first hand experience with those machines..

So to put it into brief words. The game was totally taken apart when it arrived into my hands. the playfield was entirely unpopulated. wires were EVERYWHERE. i had to clean up quite a bit... It was at one point in time in a moist environment near the ocean do to what appears to be the start of plankton and some rust..

I had to connect alot of wires back together based on pictures and a schematic i found online. It's gotten to the point where it's turning on properly. The score reels are super sticky but are resetting and functioning normally. They'll need to be cleaned though..

The issue i'm finding myself with at the moment has to do with a '100 points' switch. The 100 point's score relay is constantly firing as soon as the game starts. But only when you press the start button.. I can't seem to find or figure out which switches or targets trigger the 100 points relay.. I'm hoping someone here with a little knowledge on the machine might be able to steer me in the direction. Yes I've looked at all the switches and haven't found anything out of the ordinary.. I do have a schematic if it's needed but so far it hasn't been much help with this issue.

#2 1 year ago

When you write "constantly firing", can you clarify whether the 100-pt relay is firing, then relaxing, then firing again, on and on,

or, is it firing and then staying locked on?

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

When you write "constantly firing", can you clarify whether the 100-pt relay is firing, then relaxing, then firing again, on and on,
or, is it firing and then staying locked on?

Like it’s locked on constantly energising. I think it has to do with the target banks. It seems the targets aren’t 100% dropping into the play field and it’s keeping the switches on.

#4 1 year ago

It’s more likely the standup targets in the center of the playfield. The drop targets are 500 points and would be driven by the Motor 1A five pulses at a time, and not 100 being constantly held on.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from AndrewP:

It’s more likely the standup targets in the center of the playfield. The drop targets are 500 points and would be driven by the Motor 1A five pulses at a time, and not 100 being constantly held on.

Nope. It was the target banks on the left and right with the pool symbols on them that drop into the play field once they’re hit. They’re getting caught up on the switches and forcing them to stay on. I adjusted them to the point they’re working but there is still much more work to be done. Will update tomorrow on its status with pictures

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 5.00
Electronics
UpKick Pinball
Electronics
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-hot-shot-1973-help-needed?hl=runbikeskilee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.