• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by bpull
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Hot-Shot-Work-01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bpull.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi Guys, this is my first attempt at fixing an EM, and to top that off I don't have the schematic for it. You know, just to make things easy on myself. LOL
Here is my problem. when the game is turned on, all score reels go to zero.(4 player game). But when you try to start a game(1 player) the 1000 score reel locks on. I have disconnected the playfield and taken it out of the machine too rule out any of the 1000 point switches being made there.
It also appears that the 1000 point relay is set right in the back box so I don't think that's it.
Any info or help would be appreciated and awesome!
In the meantime, This machine is my cousin's machine and I'm trying to see if she has the schematics somewhere.
Thanks,
Brian

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr_of_Style:

If you dis connected the play field and the 1k reel still locks, then look at the relay for the 1k reel, does it stick on also?
look at the 100 reel switches, are they all clean,adjusted, and working correctly?

Thanks for the insight, I will check this out, probably tomorrow, I'm already beat for the day. LOL

Brian

2 months later
#4 7 years ago

So I fixed the 1000 point reel sticking, but now the pop bumper sticks, but not all the time. it can take 6 or 7 hits before it'll stick on. I replaced the score leaf switch which was broken. The pop bumper was sticking before this. checked the B switches, which seem ok. is there something else I need to check? This game is driving me nuts! I'll fix one thing, only to find another thing going wrong.
Brian

#6 7 years ago

Thanks for the awesome explanation Rolf, I will check those once I get a chance. Thank you again.
Brian

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bpull.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-hot-shot-1000-lock-on?tu=bpull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.