• Latest reply 12 years ago by mkgort
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cup1.jpg
#1 12 years ago

I have noticed that my Tee’d Off is a good two inches taller than my Williams and Stern. Is this the norm with Gottliebs?

Also, I cannot seem to get it adjusted for proper pitch. I have the front legs all the way in and the back ones almost all the way out. Is it safe to install 3 inch leg levelers and just keep going? Is it possible that the play field has become misadjusted (upon inspection, it does not seem to be)?

The legs are 27”, which seems standard for this game.

Thanks!

MK

#2 12 years ago

Yep, I can't vouch for the older games but the system 3 game I owned was the same way. Made me feel like a little kid playing, and I'm 6' 3" tall.

#3 12 years ago

Ha, 6'2 here. The problem is when you have a girl friend that is 5'2

#4 12 years ago

This game is a long term keeper. I was thinking of moving the legs up. Changing the top hole to the bottom and drilling a new hole for the top. If this is done correctly, can anyone think of something I could really mess up by doing this?

#5 12 years ago

As long as you move the mounting plate on the inside and there are no clearance issues I don't see why that wouldn't work.

What length are the legs on their now? Marco has some Gottlieb's listed that are 27" in length.

#6 12 years ago

They are 27"

Quoted from Dewey68:

As long as you move the mounting plate

Yea, I don't see what it would hurt, either.

Now if I can just get the pitch right, all would be well.

#7 12 years ago

When I got my first (and only) Gottlieb System 3, I thought it seemed too high. I measured the legs and they were 31". I looked up the correct height, and sure enough, it had the right legs on it. Steve Young reports that some 1990-1995 games came with 27" and some with 31". So you probably have the right legs on it.

#8 12 years ago

I think it's a go for the leg surgery. What about the pitch? Do you think it would be OK to put 3" levelers on it and crank it up another 1/4 inch? That's a lot of bolt showing.

#9 12 years ago

If you are worried about putting too much side load on the bolts, get some of those wooden disks I've seen people use under their pins when the have thick carpeting. I'll bet those will add 1/4" to the back legs.

I'm not sure what they are called, sorry. Something like this:

cup1.jpgcup1.jpg

#10 12 years ago

Thanks! I think I'll try that first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,520 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-denis-sur-richelieu, QC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-hight-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.