Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by SadSack
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

The 10,000's reel resets correctly, but doesn't score when the 1,000's rolls over. This particular model has a K relay to run the 10,000s reel. I've verified the 9 (runout) switch is working correctly on the 1000's reel. I don't have this schematic and the GTB schematic I have (atlantis) doesn't use the K relay. I guess I just need to know more about the where the 1000's runout switch gets its power. If anyone has a schematic and can describe this circuit a little better I'd be extremely appreciative.

Any help appreciated.

#2 8 years ago

The K relay is energized by the 9th pos. switch on the 1000's reel and a switch on the L relay (so both need to be closed in order for K to fire).

The switch on L has a GR+WH wire on one blade, and is a normally open switch.

#3 8 years ago

It was the switch on the L relay to which you referred. Thanks!

#4 8 years ago

OK, here's another one. What switches control the V (Reset Completed) Relay? I having it hang occasionally on restart.

#5 8 years ago

V is activated by a switch on the Start relay (S), plus a motor 2C switch. But since it's an early style of interlock switch it could be that the armature plate is getting hung up (magnetized, or just gunked).

Reset complete is all four score reels reaching zero, so their Reset switches are closed, and then a motor 4D switch activates the VR relay. That will unlatch V to complete the reset.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

V is activated by a switch on the Start relay (S), plus a motor 2C switch. But since it's an early style of interlock switch it could be that the armature plate is getting hung up (magnetized, or just gunked).
Reset complete is all four score reels reaching zero, so their Reset switches are closed, and then a motor 4D switch activates the VR relay. That will unlatch V to complete the reset.

Got all that squared away, but now my ball won't kick out of the outhole. I must have screwed it up some how. Do you know which switches fire the outhole kicker coil?

#7 8 years ago

It turns out that I had the 4C switch jacked out on the score motor. All fixed and running great! Thanks for all the help DirtFlipper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lakeville, MN

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-high-hand-wedgehead-1000s-runout-switch-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.