(Topic ID: 253522)

Gottlieb Hi Dolly - relay bank missing a coil (and labels)?

By 4Max

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Darcy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191014_194319 (resized).jpg
20191014_194209 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_8256 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hi folks,

Was hoping someone out there owns a Hi Dolly and can help me with two questions:

1. The relay bank under the playfield is missing its labels - anyone got a photo?
2. The middle relay has no coil - has switches with wires attached, although no wires seems cut off for the coil..wondering if this is correct and that was a "dummy" by design?

Here's the relay bank:

thumbnail_IMG_8256 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_8256 (resized).jpg

thanks, all!

#2 4 years ago

Get a schematic. That will tell you.

#3 4 years ago

Yes I have ordered one. Was hoping someone might have the labels to help though

#4 4 years ago

The middle armature might not use a coil and only mechanically actuated by an adjacent relay/reset arm.

#5 4 years ago

Hi Dolly. These photos should help. Just use the zoom feature. Your photo is upside down to these photos.
20191014_194319 (resized).jpg20191014_194319 (resized).jpg20191014_194209 (resized).jpg20191014_194209 (resized).jpg

#6 4 years ago

Ah, that's great! Thanks Darcy - Do you own a Hi-Dolly? One more rather stupid question probably: does the game require 5 balls - I'm assuming so given the ball trough has pressure switches at what looks like would be ball 3 and 5?

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from 4Max:

Ah, that's great! Thanks darcy - Do you own a Hi-Dolly? One more rather stupid question probably: does the game require 5 balls - I'm assuming so given the ball trough has pressure switches at what looks like would be ball 3 and 5?

Just 1 ball, as there is ball in play lights on the backglass. If you have more than 1 ball in the game the ball count unit will go out of whack, and game play will be out of sync.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-hi-dolly-relay-bank-missing-a-relay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.