(Topic ID: 187975)

GOTTLIEB: Help with Robo War

By dalispictures

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hello, hoping someone can help me here. I have a Robo War all ground mods done, new power supply, Swemmer MPU and Driver ribbon cable connect. This pin was a tank for many years until recently it blew an IC chip on the Swemmer MPU, Fred fixed it and sent it back. Reinstalled the MPU and now when the Flashers are supposed to go off they trigger some of the drop target coils. When the spinner flasher is supposed to go off it triggers the outhole coil. SO no flashers, instead coils trigger. I have tested another WORKING MPU and the same thing happens. Also swapped out ROMs and you guessed it same thing happens. What is going on here?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

#2 6 years ago

Sounds like a shorted component/coil/flasher circuit on the PF.

Did you check the diodes on the coils/flashers in question?

Does coil/flasher test mode work properly?

Got.'s are NOTORIOUS for blowing up diodes and coils. If a diode is shorted, other components on that power wire will fire, when they should not.

It's rare but you could have a shorted flasher bulb as well. May be worth removing the flasher bulbs and re-testing as a last resort.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks, will check tonight.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-help-with-robo-war and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.