Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2016-07-07_16.01.40_(resized).jpg
2016-07-07_16.01.24_(resized).jpg
2016-07-07_16.00.25_(resized).jpg
2016-07-07_16.00.07_(resized).jpg
2016-06-30_01.11.53_(resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Quick story, 3 dudes in a pickup who are scrappers show up with a electromechanical 60s dime game that was beat. No art no BG and all locked up. I tell them maybe there are some parts I can use, They want $40, I say no. Then they say they have a pinball also, now my interest is piqued. OK, I offer $20 for the game if you bring they bring back the pinball by so I can see it. They dont know the name or anything and drive away. Hour later they bring a Haunted House with a completely blank BG. It's on its legs loaded in a pickup. We settled on $80 if they unloaded it. Now the fun part, no main board, BG is toast, PF is amazing with mylar. Great box with cat piss rusted mismatched legs and previous owner custom plastics repair on the upper left of PF. Here I go again, gotta save this one.

2016-06-30_01.11.53_(resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Nice find! Not in too bad shape for a hh. Looks like this one deserves to be saved. Hope you'll find a nice backglass for it.

Oh, and welcome to the club... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-club-the-beautiful-beast-all-welcome

#3 5 years ago

Congrats.
Well the good news is these days, all the parts you need are available, including electronics for the SS80 and you can bulletproof the game.

Especially the backglass, and you don't even need to go the PBR plexiglass route that are still floating around, along with some of the original glass reproductions made around 10 years ago, CPR redone versions, or the Tom Kennedy vinyl translites.
For the glass it really depends on how much you want to spend.
BGresto has a scan ready to go, if you don't mind $250 for superb glass + shipping.
If they did not have the scan already done, I would not have minded to let them borrow the spare on my wall.

If you want cheaper, here is the translite for $85:
http://www.fprice.com/albums/album_image/5558205/1693751.htm
Unfortunately, this is probably long gone.

#4 5 years ago

The secret passage plastic isn't even broken! Looks to be in very good cosmetic condition. I brought one back to life probably 5 or 7 years ago. Still have it. You will enjoy saving it from the city dump! Nice find.

#5 5 years ago

Worth it for the playfield alone.

#6 5 years ago

looks like fun !

#7 5 years ago

I went ahead and ordered the BG Restoration backglass on Friday. Next a Sys 80 Pascal and we can start finding the broke stuff!

#8 5 years ago

I did actually find a full reproduction backglass still for sale.
$245 USD from Australia.

http://provider1.cart.net.au/epages/mrpinballtrial.sf/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/mrpinballtrial/Products/HH-Backglass

BGResto should be around the same price, and since there is no mirroring on this game, it really should not make much of a difference unless you are a purist.

#9 5 years ago

Looks very nice, especially the playfield. Nice find! Do strange men often show up at your house offering you things? (Wow I wasn't even intending the sarcasm/how wrong that sounds)

#10 5 years ago

I own the Blairally Vintage Arcade in Eugene Oregon. We have people in the community who look for repair and sales. I always befriend the "scrapping" community and let them know what I am looking for with a base price. Anything coin op, anything Atari and they surprise me once in a while! The scrappers have their eyes on things right before it gets thrown away.

#11 5 years ago

That is awesome,great score.
Mike

#12 5 years ago

A few PF shots.

2016-07-07_16.00.07_(resized).jpg

2016-07-07_16.00.25_(resized).jpg

2016-07-07_16.01.24_(resized).jpg

2016-07-07_16.01.40_(resized).jpg

#13 5 years ago

It's good to have friends in low places

#14 5 years ago

Really thinking about the multiball mod for HH. I could probably pull it off with all the parts Blairally is sitting on. Who has mod'ed their Haunted House to multiball? Thoughts?

#15 5 years ago

Search Haunted Hotel Pinball,it has it
Mike

1 week later
#16 5 years ago

Never modded mine. Wasn't a fan of that kind of mod for this game personally. The playfield of that game looks to be in real good shape. The fact that the secret passage plastic is not damaged tells me it was not played very much.

#17 5 years ago

The only mods HH needs us the zero voltage grounding mod, pop bumper board mods, and PCB modifications. MB was never meant for this classic game for a reason.

#18 5 years ago

I have a BGresto glass I don't need.
$200 shipped in the US.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside