(Topic ID: 144)

Gottlieb Haunted House machine (1982) Buy or pass ?

By Brokedad

12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by erak
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I am looking at this machine after fixing up my first one (Medusa 1981 Bally). The person wants $500 for it but it has several issues. It does power up and play for the most part. I have no problems with being able to actually repair it.

I remember playing this in my teens. I like it has the the two levels and think I could negotiate a lower price.

Wadda you all think ? Buy it or spend more $$$ for something newer,fancier, and less broken for my machine #2 ?

I want to start collecting pinballs but don't have much of a clue what will be good investments down the road.

#2 12 years ago

hi,
I think $500 is a good price if U're able to repair it.
It could spend some months at home, and the day U will be bored , I don't think U gonna loose money.

#3 12 years ago

I talked him down to $325 and bought it. I really like these older machines that have solid state electronics but the older mechanical playfields that can take the use and thousands of plays unlike the newer Stern ones.

My Medusa is now back to 100% after getting the BCD to 7-Segment driver IC (CD4543) for the display that went out. I bought ten. I also made/burned two sets of EPROMS for it using the ROM set data from ipdb.org. Those old 2716,2732 eproms are hard to find but I've collected a few hundred over the years.

I can't wait for the weekend to get into this "new" Haunted House machine.

#4 12 years ago

Awesome pickup, man. I'd love to grab a Haunted House and a Black Hole. I don't have space right now, but I'd take either in a heartbeat if they came up locally.

#5 12 years ago

Good score man. I've been looking for one for awhile now. Hope I can find a deal like that. Good luck with it. Awesome machine for a collection looks fantastic, plays great too.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside