• Latest reply 1 year ago by Peruman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BDFEF0E1-542A-48FB-8773-55A454B8577C (resized).jpeg
3FD095D2-90D0-4B73-B615-69A172D330A4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Peruman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Sorting out an issue with a Gottlieb Groovy where the kickout mech is shooting the ball upwards more than forwards so the ball goes out to the shooter lane inconsistently.

With the apron off, there are no issues. With the apron back on, I can feel the ball hitting the underside of the apron and rolling back into the outhole.

I disassembled and cleaned the mech and also the metal ramp that the ball travels on to no avail.

Looking on this board, I found a fix to add a metal switch blade to keep the ball better centered on the mech, also no help.

The coil is the correct one per the schematic.

Not sure where to go next? Could the switch itself be too bent so the ball sits too high on the mech?

Thanks for the help,

Alberto

3FD095D2-90D0-4B73-B615-69A172D330A4 (resized).jpeg3FD095D2-90D0-4B73-B615-69A172D330A4 (resized).jpegBDFEF0E1-542A-48FB-8773-55A454B8577C (resized).jpegBDFEF0E1-542A-48FB-8773-55A454B8577C (resized).jpeg
#4 1 year ago

It’s the spring joining the two metal pieces together as opposed to the return spring, correct?

#5 1 year ago

Thank you gents, the issue is fixed. I tried several things:

1) changed the plunger return spring for a shorter one from a pop bumper. It improved things marginally but not much better. Adding a shorter spring (1/2 length) to the other spring did nothing to improve things.

2) went back to the original coil return spring. Kept the 1/2 length spring between the cams, made things worse. I could see the ball shooting pretty much straight up.

3) went back to the original spring between the cams and oiled the two metal cams after checking them for fit (snug). Marginal improvement from 2 above

4) took two links off the original spring, big improvement from 3 above but still not consistent enough. Removing the copper blade spacer got it to work almost every time.

5) took two more links off (to march what Sea_Wolf did) and this did the trick.

Played about 1/2 dozen games with no issues.

Thanks again for all the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Peruman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-groovy-having-trouble-kicking-out-ball?tu=Peruman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.