3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by redrock
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4 points, not 5 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redrock.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

As I work issues with my pin, I come back to this problem periodically that I have never seen before and just can't get a handle on it. I get 5 pulses from 1A and manually actuating "G" or any switch only registers 4 points.

It's hard to count the jumper light on the motor but it looks like 5 pulses and the 1/3 rotation also indicates 5 pulses from the points on the cam. But at the score reel I see only 4 pulses with my jumper light. It is consistent.

Any ideas where the missing point is? Thanks all for considering this mystery.

4 points, not 5 (resized).jpg4 points, not 5 (resized).jpg
    #5 3 years ago

It's so obvious when somebody points you in the right direction. Many thanks to all for your help.

My Gottlieb doesn't have a motor service disconnect (I'm going to add one) so I unsoldered the motor power. Turning the motor slowly verified 1A was pulsing correctly. Watching 2B it was so clear the switch was opening too soon. A little bending of the blades and all is good.

I hope that my knowledge grows so one day I can help others.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redrock.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-groovy-1970-5-pulses-4-points?tu=redrock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.