• Latest reply 6 years ago by Sodacrack
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1BF0E6B9-2818-44C0-AC26-CB909ABE6B51 (resized).jpeg
BC6DD3CB-F546-42AE-BA7C-B95D59DE958F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sodacrack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I recently picked up a 1972 Grand Slam Project. It needs a bunch of work, but is worth bringing back to life. While cleaning the contacts, I noticed a wire is disconnected from a contact on the score motor. Can someone verify which contact I should connect it to? I think it is the one on the far right in the photo. I currently do not have schematics

BC6DD3CB-F546-42AE-BA7C-B95D59DE958F (resized).jpegBC6DD3CB-F546-42AE-BA7C-B95D59DE958F (resized).jpeg

1BF0E6B9-2818-44C0-AC26-CB909ABE6B51 (resized).jpeg1BF0E6B9-2818-44C0-AC26-CB909ABE6B51 (resized).jpeg

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from fredsmythson:

It's probably a wire that shares a switch lug with another wire. Look for a switch lug that has bright solder, which might show a broken, shared solder joint. Also, other Gottlieb machines of the same era might use the same wiring color for the score motor switches. So, using other available schematics might help with the wire location...

I have looked at the switch lugs to help indicate where it was disconnected, but it is not clear.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Is the game functional/playing? If we knew what was broke you can then find the lead on the diagram. or somebody that has this game.

I am still checking and cleaning contacts and steppers. It has been sitting in a warehouse for about 20 years and everything needs to be gone through. I should be able to try a start up this weekend

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
$ 25.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sodacrack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-grand-slam-project?tu=sodacrack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.