• Latest reply 6 years ago by Sodacrack
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1BF0E6B9-2818-44C0-AC26-CB909ABE6B51 (resized).jpeg
BC6DD3CB-F546-42AE-BA7C-B95D59DE958F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fredsmythson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

It's probably a wire that shares a switch lug with another wire. Look for a switch lug that has bright solder, which might show a broken, shared solder joint. Also, other Gottlieb machines of the same era might use the same wiring color for the score motor switches. So, using other available schematics might help with the wire location...

#4 6 years ago

Thanks for pointing this out, @howardr. I don't think I said to randomly solder a wire to another wire. I was just saying to look for clues to where the wire might have disconnected. I should have explained this better in the previous post. Sometimes a wire can get disconnected and it will leave a solder indentation, which might match up to the wire that became disconnected... But, the best way to troubleshoot this would be with the machine's schematic. Hopefully, someone will post information about the Grand Slam schematic...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fredsmythson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-grand-slam-project?tu=fredsmythson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.