Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0235 copy (resized).jpg
IMG_0234 copy (resized).jpg
Inked_U_Relay_LI (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Golden Arrow Schematic copy.pdf (PDF preview)
#1 3 years ago

I am having an issue with a Golden Arrow when I activate the ball return switch (OR-BL WH-OR), it will kick but not go into game over on ball 5. It will however go into game over when the trough switch is activated. Looking at the schematic I am confused how this is occurring.

Golden Arrow Schematic copy.pdfGolden Arrow Schematic copy.pdf
#2 3 years ago

do you mean you are having to activate the trough switch a second time on 5th ball for it to go into Game Over?

#3 3 years ago

Ball count unit out of whack?

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Rikoshay:

do you mean you are having to activate the trough switch a second time on 5th ball for it to go into Game Over?

Sorry, I wasn't too clear. I activate the trough switch to ball five, then activate the drain switch, and it will kick not going into game over. At that time, activating the trough switch will put it into game over.

#5 3 years ago

In addition to the Trough switch circuit that advances the Ball Count unit, here's another circuit that has the job of advancing the Ball Count unit when the 5th ball drains. If this is not working it would likely also prevent your match circuit from awarding replays.

Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features
Example of a pinsider actually doing this https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-baron-tech-question#post-5858156

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6 3 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

In addition to the Trough switch circuit that advances the Ball Count unit, here's another circuit that has the job of advancing the Ball Count unit when the 5th ball drains. If this is not working it would likely also prevent your match circuit from awarding replays.
Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features
Example of a pinsider actually doing this https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-baron-tech-question#post-5858156
[quoted image]

Howard,
Thanks for the assistance. I wasn't getting the 30 volts to the "Add Ball Count Unit" due to a faulty bridged wiper at the bottom of the BCU disc.

Now onto a scoring issue with the roll overs. The FS unit is bound up and needs to be rebuilt. Thankfully I have all of the parts.

#7 3 years ago

Playdium PM to me:
I have one remaining issue I believe with this machine. It is the 100 pt scoring circuit for the roll overs. No 100 pt scoring at any roll over, but i do get 100 pt scoring at the spin targets. When all roll over switches are activated, the special lights each lane independently and 500 points score. I can move the special by activating the star roll over, and each lane will light and score 500 points.
I have followed the 100 point circuit, and can't seem to find on the schematic where this issue would lie. At 10E, the schematic shows the 100 point relay, and I have checked the switch at "M", the 9th pos switch on 10's unit.

#8 3 years ago

No rollovers should score 100

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9 3 years ago

Correction;
I have one remaining issue I believe with this machine. It is the 500 pt scoring circuit for the roll overs. No 500 pt scoring at any roll over. When all roll over switches are activated, the special lights each lane independently and 5000 points score. I can move the special by activating the star roll over, and each lane will light and score 5000 points.

It is the 500 point roll over scoring not activating, but when special is lit roll overs score 5000 points.

Sorry for the confusion.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Correction;
I have one remaining issue I believe with this machine. It is the 500 pt scoring circuit for the roll overs. No 500 pt scoring at any roll over. When all roll over switches are activated, the special lights each lane independently and 5000 points score. I can move the special by activating the star roll over, and each lane will light and score 5000 points.
It is the 500 point roll over scoring not activating, but when special is lit roll overs score 5000 points.
Sorry for the confusion.

When the rollovers are lit, are you getting 5000pts? And then 10000pts if the Golden arrow is on it.

I can check the manual and operation of mine to tonight

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

I have one remaining issue

Famous last words.

Quoted from Playdium:

When all roll over switches are activated, the special lights each lane independently and 5000 points score. I can move the special by activating the star roll over, and each lane will light and score 5000 points.

Check the Make/Break switch on the Score Control relay (U) that has a Yellow&Black wire on the long blade.

For a switch to work 3 things are necessary:
1) When open, there should be a small space between the contact points (duh)
2) When closing, the long blade's contact point should push the short blade's contact point enough to move the short blade
3) The contact points should be clean, which they usually will be if #2 is happening

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Peruman:

When the rollovers are lit, are you getting 5000pts? And then 10000pts if the Golden arrow is on it.
I can check the manual and operation of mine to tonight

No scoring on roll overs or the 4 bulls eye targets. These should be 500 points. I do get 5000 points on roll overs when the corresponding lit arrow is lit.

#13 3 years ago

Following up on HowardR - the schematic is below. I would check the marked M/B on the U relay.

Inked_U_Relay_LI (resized).jpgInked_U_Relay_LI (resized).jpg
#14 3 years ago

Looks like there’s 3 normally closed contacts on the way to the 500 coil. The one at the U is a good place to start, but the contacts at E and G might also be not closing. Jumper across them one at a time and I would think you should find the problem.

#15 3 years ago

Tried placing a jumper at the recommended points and this is what I am finding. Scores 5500 when jumper is placed.

#16 3 years ago

Problem resolved. See pics. Upon re-assembly of the lower board, I mistakenly installed one of the switch stacks on relay D. By looking at the schematic again I noticed there should be another switch on E. Moved it over and scoring is now correct.

IMG_0234 copy (resized).jpgIMG_0234 copy (resized).jpgIMG_0235 copy (resized).jpgIMG_0235 copy (resized).jpg
#17 3 years ago

Good catch!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-golden-arrow-6th-position- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.