(Topic ID: 71134)

Gottlieb Gladiators...."Beast Slayer"....who else is in the club??!!

By 82Trooper

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by ChapDDR
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

signal-2023-11-15-220511_002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220123_165937 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220124_171605 (resized).jpg
C6E0DF32-F223-431A-8679-5B32ED150285 (resized).jpeg
A1AB3278-714B-48CE-978C-5E5BF41EF975 (resized).jpeg
glad2 (resized).JPG
glad1 (resized).JPG
glad3 (resized).JPG
17901195-0C99-491D-BFF6-83B961D19710 (resized).jpeg
ramp2 (resized).PNG
ramp (resized).PNG
B091AAC4-51DF-4FB3-AADA-1F820E4BE580 (resized).jpeg
57E3EFD3-C22E-4064-83B8-BF151324B8B7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1727 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.23.10 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rythom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 10 years ago

After playing Gladiators again at pmWolf's, I can't stop thinking about it!! In a collection with all the new Sterns, a Big Bang Bar and a Cactus Canyon, I think I had the most fun playing friggin' Gladiators out of all of them!

I've been glued to a horrible desktop Virtual Pinball conversion since. I made it to the beast battle twice but the shaker motor simulation makes the ball move like the mist magnet in BSD and float all over the place - impossible to trap!

I'm totally in the market for one!

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's because CC and BBB arn't that great of games. They are status games. Status games usually mean lots of hype with little substance.

I wouldn't say either of those games have "little substance"...just that Gladiators has more! Plus it has my favorite flavor of audio/visual cheese

#35 10 years ago

Absolutely! Z-E-L-D-A = M-U-L-T-I. The pyramid was clearly supposed to be the Triforce...and the beast would've totally been Ganon! Imagine the shaker motor with that "boss monster" roar sound effect going on....

But as cool as that would've been, I'll take warrior babes in gold armor fighting a 3-headed dragon and save $2k.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

nah, it says gottlieb on the backglass, so it still would have been a $1200 game.
Look at SMB.
but man, i'm thinking retheme now. Wonder if I can get someone on board to hack the roms for me to customize the code.

Gooooood point.

On that retheme: the column of yellow/blue circle inserts could represent life hearts..the 3 sword types could be shown on the "Bladefight" droptargets. What would you do with the catapult?

Does artwork for the Zelda playfield exist anywhere?

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

If people really want to tackle a Zelda retheme, I would be happy to help out with artwork and such. I don't even have a Gladiators, but I would pick one up for that

I can't stop daydreaming about the Zelda potential, here - I'd love to take a crack at some art as well! Does anyone have a nice CAD drawing of the original Gladiators layout to go off of?

#55 10 years ago

You've got my two favorite games right now side-by-side...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
2,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Machine - For Sale
Havertown, PA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rythom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-gladiatorsbeast-slayerwho-else-is-in-the-club?tu=rythom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.