(Topic ID: 71134)

Gottlieb Gladiators...."Beast Slayer"....who else is in the club??!!

By 82Trooper

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by ChapDDR
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

signal-2023-11-15-220511_002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220123_165937 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220124_171605 (resized).jpg
C6E0DF32-F223-431A-8679-5B32ED150285 (resized).jpeg
A1AB3278-714B-48CE-978C-5E5BF41EF975 (resized).jpeg
glad2 (resized).JPG
glad1 (resized).JPG
glad3 (resized).JPG
17901195-0C99-491D-BFF6-83B961D19710 (resized).jpeg
ramp2 (resized).PNG
ramp (resized).PNG
B091AAC4-51DF-4FB3-AADA-1F820E4BE580 (resized).jpeg
57E3EFD3-C22E-4064-83B8-BF151324B8B7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1727 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.23.10 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 10 years ago

I had the game at work for a while. My pin coworker slayed the beast I think. As he was very excited about it they all miss the game :/

1 month later
#18 10 years ago

Just picked one up!

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

nah, it says gottlieb on the backglass, so it still would have been a $1200 game.
Look at SMB.
but man, i'm thinking retheme now. Wonder if I can get someone on board to hack the roms for me to customize the code.

I was thinking the SAME thing

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Gooooood point.
On that retheme: the column of yellow/blue circle inserts could represent life hearts..the 3 sword types could be shown on the "Bladefight" droptargets. What would you do with the catapult?
Does artwork for the Zelda playfield exist anywhere?

If you do it like JM -> Matrix, you could sand the PF (easy to find a blown out one, probably). Then could change out the insert colors to do the heart or swords, etc.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

I can't stop daydreaming about the Zelda potential, here - I'd love to take a crack at some art as well! Does anyone have a nice CAD drawing of the original Gladiators layout to go off of?

not really but vp forums has a picture
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=22167&hl=gladiators

#50 10 years ago

Anyone do any mods to theirs?

Zelda.....can't wait to go to sleep and dream of it maybe even the twilight princess

1 year later
#59 8 years ago

my friend freaking loves this game and wants it at his house over all the sterns.....wtf? I love me some gottlieb, but I'd take waterworld

2 months later
#61 8 years ago

Since Gladiators has 4 flippers and I need a rebuild. Do I need two of these kits?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/MA-9296-KIT

#MA-9296-KIT

includes - MA-1790 and MA-1791
But the picture obviously only shows 2 flipper rebuilds, not 4.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

my friend freaking loves this game and wants it at his house over all the sterns.....wtf? I love me some gottlieb, but I'd take Waterworld

Ha, we moved gladiators to his house. Now for me to fix it up. needs a flipper rebuild and opto's fixed at L

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Since Gladiators has 4 flippers and I need a rebuild. Do I need two of these kits?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/MA-9296-KIT
#MA-9296-KIT
includes - MA-1790 and MA-1791
But the picture obviously only shows 2 flipper rebuilds, not 4.

bump

1 year later
#91 7 years ago

Question. I got the plastic and protector kit from steve at PBR, but not sure where most the plastics go. Is there a picture of any with them in? There are a few larger clear ones and a small gray one

Quoted from cnuts13:

anyone do a flipper rebuild on this? I thought I did everything right,but the flippers never stay in place and lose positioning.

Yup! Done two games. If the flippers are not staying then the set screws on the flipper shaft are not tight enough. This was the case on one of mine too. Had to keep tightening after some plays.

#92 7 years ago

Also a tip / fyi. The pre built optos at PBR do not fit. Buy the led optos loose (send/recieve) and install them into the original boards by hand.

#93 6 years ago

Found the locations of the protectors. Both back corners of the pf under the ramps. The gray piece goes on the side of the left ramp, riveted on.

Question though. Anyone have info or tips on adjusting the moving catapult ramp? How to keep it centered and the left to right movement? The manual does not have info on this.

#94 6 years ago

So the motor under the pf, has no "switches" it is on a rotating movement.

Sw30 is the switch above the pf that the ramp hits. I can't find what it means. If it is the "middle" above the hole or at one of the sides. I'm trying to center my ramp and it's been a journey.

#96 6 years ago

Thank you so much zen!

I have a question though. Just got home and my ramp clicks the switch mmm more in the middle and when it swings to the left. When the ramp itself swings to the right the arm unclicks and moves away from the switch.

Is this correct?

I can take video or pictures. Just want to verify when the switch should be "switched"

IMG_3192 (resized).JPGIMG_3192 (resized).JPG

#97 6 years ago

Ahhhh, I did some poking around. My solenoid test only runs a 1/2 turn every press.

So the switch I took a pic of is what tells the relay below attached to the motor to stop, so it can stop after swinging. So I had to bend mine in a tad so it stops over the hole, it was always going to the right of the saucer. Now the ball just bounces out when dropping so I'll be trying to put a felt sticker or something on the end of the ramp.

Thanks for the help.

3 months later
#100 6 years ago

I need a favor from the Gladiators club.

The person who bought my game has/had the machine gun issue. I think it is the hold coil (as someone pointed out above ). But can someone take pictures of the two lower flipper mechs? right/left.

I did a full flipper rebuild (all 4), but he says one is orange and one is red...so I'm sort of confused as I want to say they were all the same from PBR...

#101 6 years ago

I just confirmed PBR flipper rebuild did not include coils. I thought it did.. Ok, so can someone just confirm which coil should be used stock? I'll message PBR as well.

EDIT: Confirmed by PBR, the left is a red the right is an orange....I find that odd but whatever!

2 years later
#126 4 years ago

The left "sling" on the Gladiators broke. I don't have access to the machine atm, does anyone know the part(s) to replace the metal and plastic piece for that assembly. Not having the manual on hand makes Gottlieb stuff hard.

Parts broke from owner:
IMG_1727 (resized).jpegIMG_1727 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1725 (resized).jpegIMG_1725 (resized).jpeg

What I found/think?
PBL:
Here is there breakdown of the assembly I think is it
gtb-27454p (resized).jpggtb-27454p (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.23.10 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.23.10 PM (resized).png
Part 10 - GTB-20207 - metal plate the face is on
part 1 - GTB-20210 (clear target face)

stuff from marco but not looking correct
left kicker cam
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20297
plastic target face
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20210P

EDIT:
Here is the metal part I think from Marco
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-20207

2 months later
#130 3 years ago
Quoted from Backdoc01:

Somebody please explain to me how to change this flasher. I cannot figure out how to access this bulb.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The black push pins get pulled up and then you can lift the yellow cap off. This will give you access to the bulb.

6 months later
#136 3 years ago
Quoted from Bumper:

When I half press the right button, the bottom right flipper goes first and after a deep press the top right flipper goes second.
With the left button this is the opposite order. Is this correct or does one need to be flipped so I can also cradle the ball with the left bottom flipper and flip the top left?

IIRC, all pinball and gladiators should act as your right button.
partial press and the lower flipper goes, press more/all and the lower stays up and the upper flipper flips. This is for staging etc.

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

This is how my Gladiators works.

Yeah, I remember both mine working like that. My old one I sold is coming back for a fix so I’ll have it sometime soon ish

1 month later
#139 3 years ago

I have a gladiators and the ramp isn’t moving much. Is the shaft into the motor Mech arm supposed to have set screws ?

17901195-0C99-491D-BFF6-83B961D19710 (resized).jpeg17901195-0C99-491D-BFF6-83B961D19710 (resized).jpeg

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

Its been awhile since I looked at the motor but yeah, one set screw.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/30061
A not great video of one working.

awesome! thank you. I'll hit the hardware store and see if they have any set screws. Probably have to freaking get a ton of small sizes to see what fits.

#142 3 years ago

Oh dang, the set screw isn't the hole I thought, it is (in my pic) on the end of it, on the right side. I just had to tighten. HOWEVER, the manual doesn't discuss how to adjust, operation, parts or repair of that moving ramp.

The ramp keeps hitting one side or the other when I try to adjust some. Any tips?

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

My machine was pretty bare when I adjusted my catapult, so I used the set screws on the wireform up top.
I did need to bend my limit switch out some and adjust some plastic mounting points.

The switch arm that is touching the ramp arm, where should that click? Above the scoop?

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

Mine clicks at the end of the right swing and my wireform stops to the left of the hole.
If there is an official setup, I don't know it.

I find it very odd the manual doesn't have the operations of that ramp. IIRC waterworld had some good documentation on the DEEZ motor assembly.

Well I suppose as long as the ramp isn't hitting the sides anymore I'll be happy for now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-gladiatorsbeast-slayerwho-else-is-in-the-club?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.