(Topic ID: 71134)

Gottlieb Gladiators...."Beast Slayer"....who else is in the club??!!

By 82Trooper

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by ChapDDR
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

signal-2023-11-15-220511_002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220123_165937 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220124_171605 (resized).jpg
C6E0DF32-F223-431A-8679-5B32ED150285 (resized).jpeg
A1AB3278-714B-48CE-978C-5E5BF41EF975 (resized).jpeg
glad2 (resized).JPG
glad1 (resized).JPG
glad3 (resized).JPG
17901195-0C99-491D-BFF6-83B961D19710 (resized).jpeg
ramp2 (resized).PNG
ramp (resized).PNG
B091AAC4-51DF-4FB3-AADA-1F820E4BE580 (resized).jpeg
57E3EFD3-C22E-4064-83B8-BF151324B8B7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1727 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.23.10 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

I have had this game for about 3 years now. I know it does not get much love here, but I like it. The shaker motor is cool on this vintage System 3 game, and gives me very few reliability issues.
Anyhow, I have only made it to the final round "The Beast Challenge" once or twice, but was never able to "slay the beast!!!" until last night. It was very satisfying to get to finally put my initials on the screen as "Beast Slayer". For 3 years I have been looking at some other dudes initials on my machine, and it was a bit humiliating. Kinda like your wife having someone else’s name tattooed on her, becuase they reached a level you had not ventured into yet!!!
Now, If I could only figure out how to top JCV, the damn “combo champ”…….
19 of us show as having it in their collection....who else slayed the beast???

I am "Beast Slayer" on one on route. I like the game. Best flow in possibly all of pinball, you can really keep it moving. My best score on it was this one where I got Beast Slayer.

Funny, now that you mention it, I don't think I was combo champ on that game either.

!!!!!beast.jpg!!!!!beast.jpg

3 years later
#104 6 years ago

This just came up in my Facebook memories, so I thought I would post it here for some good laughs if you hadn't seen it before. This is a 3 billion Mega Bonus that I hit 6 times, plus the additional Mega Bonus it awards you after ball 3 for a total of 7 times at 3 billion. Also hit it the first 3 times I went through when it was only 75 million. I did this on route after league one night. It took over 45 minutes of just shooting to build up the Mega Bonus to get it to 3 billion. Final score was 22+ billion.

Also, this Gottlieb factory tour video from 1993 is a really fun watch. The designer of Gladiator, Jon Norris shows the guy around and plays Tee'd Off, Gladiator and Cue Ball Wizard extensively in the game and gives out some pretty good pointer tips.

http://mediaburn.org/video/chicago-slices-raw-pinball-wizard/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
2,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-gladiatorsbeast-slayerwho-else-is-in-the-club?tu=lesmanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.