(Topic ID: 71134)

Gottlieb Gladiators...."Beast Slayer"....who else is in the club??!!

By 82Trooper

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by ChapDDR
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

signal-2023-11-15-220511_002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220123_165937 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220124_171605 (resized).jpg
C6E0DF32-F223-431A-8679-5B32ED150285 (resized).jpeg
A1AB3278-714B-48CE-978C-5E5BF41EF975 (resized).jpeg
glad2 (resized).JPG
glad1 (resized).JPG
glad3 (resized).JPG
17901195-0C99-491D-BFF6-83B961D19710 (resized).jpeg
ramp2 (resized).PNG
ramp (resized).PNG
B091AAC4-51DF-4FB3-AADA-1F820E4BE580 (resized).jpeg
57E3EFD3-C22E-4064-83B8-BF151324B8B7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1727 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.23.10 PM (resized).png
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 2 years ago

Just picked up a Gladiators project. Look forward to posting some updates here! So far appears to be working, just really dirty. Any source for slingshot plastics? Really need a right one. I do not see them in the PBR partial set.

Thanks!

1 month later
#152 2 years ago

I also just joined the club- she's sitting right next to my Rescue 911.

Loving the shaker, its a beast! Combo shots have been a ton of fun, still no where near slaying the beast, but in due time!

#153 2 years ago

I like my game so far, I still have some cleaning to do. I have a question about the shaker.

Has anyone modified the weight on the shaker motor? I was thinking about cutting off some of the weight to make the shake less violent. Has anyone done this?

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from Mope161616:

I like my game so far, I still have some cleaning to do. I have a question about the shaker.
Has anyone modified the weight on the shaker motor? I was thinking about cutting off some of the weight to make the shake less violent. Has anyone done this?

If you go that route, you'll have to tell me how it turned out. I personally keep the shaker motor on mine unplugged as it's a little to violent for my taste. Especially in the final, Slay the Beast, mode.

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from Mope161616:

I put a voltage regulator on mine and turned it down so it was less violent. It works great I just don’t remember what voltage regulator I used. I’ve had it that way for 8 years now. No issues

1 week later
#156 2 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

I put a voltage regulator on mine and turned it down so it was less violent. It works great I just don’t remember what voltage regulator I used. I’ve had it that way for 8 years now. No issues

+1 on this.

I tossed a simple PWM voltage regulator I snagged on Amazon, works well. Tossed it right by where the coin box would be so it’s easily accessible.

RioRand 7-70V PWM DC Motor Speed Controller Switch 30A https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071NQ5G71/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_CZ40QW5X8S8W8M1VXEZX

1 month later
#158 2 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

Color DMD announced, Who is going to get it first ??

I already have it

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

I already have it

and, how is it ?
Can you give a quick review ?

Thx.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

and, how is it ?
Can you give a quick review ?
Thx.

I'm biased as I colored the game.

I think it looks good and makes the game look a lot more modern! I'm sure a video will be released soon!

#161 2 years ago

Colors are a bit over-saturated but thats the fun of recording LCD screens.

#162 2 years ago

Looks really good, Dave.

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Looks really good, Dave.

Thanks it’s one of my favorite games actually.

#164 2 years ago

I am still working on cleaning up my Gladiators and I am supper happy the ColorDMD came out! I will be ordering one soon. thanks nerbflong for making it happen!

#165 2 years ago

Perfect timing!

Just noticed the bottom right hand corner started outgassing.

Was gonna swap a pin2DMD i had in a vPin and work on colorizing the rom, so nice to see this is done already!

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

I'm biased as I colored the game.
I think it looks good and makes the game look a lot more modern! I'm sure a video will be released soon!

Excellent work!! I’ll be placing an order soon. I started briefly working on it a bit in the Pin2DMD editor, and it’s a LOT of work…a LOT…

Really appreciate the time put in

#167 2 years ago

I really don't have much in my Gladiators which is now on route...
So I just may colordmd it someday to then again have a backup gas dmd!

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from DigitalJedi084:

Excellent work!! I’ll be placing an order soon. I started briefly working on it a bit in the Pin2DMD editor, and it’s a LOT of work…a LOT…
Really appreciate the time put in

Thanks It is a lot of work. Its a labor of love. It's a great game that deserves some color.

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Thanks It is a lot of work. Its a labor of love. It's a great game that deserves some color.

Oh I could imagine!

Just got mine in, installation was super easy. Opted to keep it old school with the LED pixel dmd….quality is awesome! Phone pics don’t do it justice. Don’t mine the glare from my Comet Spotlights, I think it was more obvious at this angle, but when playing it’s very clear

A1AB3278-714B-48CE-978C-5E5BF41EF975 (resized).jpegA1AB3278-714B-48CE-978C-5E5BF41EF975 (resized).jpegC6E0DF32-F223-431A-8679-5B32ED150285 (resized).jpegC6E0DF32-F223-431A-8679-5B32ED150285 (resized).jpeg
#170 2 years ago

Looks great!! Glad it was an easy install!

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Looks great!! Glad it was an easy install!

If you guys ever colorize a rescue 911- holler at me

#172 2 years ago

If you guys ever colorize a rescue 911- holler at me

If someone loans me the game I'd do it

1 week later
#173 2 years ago

A Color DMD option is really good news for GTB system 3 owners, as it adds aftermarket support for this system. I am going to order one for my Gladiators, my Barb Wire will be patiently (hopefully) waiting for the same. There are some well done animations in Barb Wire that would really come alive with color. Good job to all who worked on this.

#174 2 years ago

+1 on this.
I tossed a simple PWM voltage regulator I snagged on Amazon, works well. Tossed it right by where the coin box would be so it’s easily accessible.
RioRand 7-70V PWM DC Motor Speed Controller Switch 30A amazon.com link »

I ordered this exact regulator from Amazon. WOW. Super simple. Turned down the shaker. This is a must for any gladiator game.

4 weeks later
#175 2 years ago

Hey fellow Slayers,

I just bought a Gladiators a couple weeks ago and I have been shopping it out and noticed something that seems fishy to me and I was hoping you guys could help me out.

This game is an import and it looks like the plug was changed back to a standard US plug and the wires don't look right to me. The white wire from the plug is spliced to the blue wire which is connected to the black wire at A12J8. And the black wire from the plug is spliced to the brown wire which is connected to the white wire at A12J8.

Shouldn't the white wires connect to each other and same for the black?

I know that the black from the plug is hot and white is neutral and I would assume the black and white wires at A12J8 would correspond the same.

I checked the power jumper at A12J5 and it is set up correctly for 120V.

I played the game at the sellers house and it seemed to work fine.

Can anyone tell me if this is wired correctly?

IMG_20220123_165937 (resized).jpgIMG_20220123_165937 (resized).jpgIMG_20220124_171605 (resized).jpgIMG_20220124_171605 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#176 2 years ago

Hello Gladiators fans!

I have to fix up a Gladiators for a fellow Pinsider!

Can anyone help me out with a PDF of the manual?

Also need a rubber chart (in not in the manual..)

Thanks in advance!

rd

1 year later
#178 1 year ago

Has anyone found a way to stop the rule exploit during a tournament?

Thanks.

2 months later
#179 11 months ago

Long shot but has anyone touched up their cab with a purple that closely matches the original color? I'd like to do some touch ups on mine to make it look better.

3 months later
#180 8 months ago

FYI, there’s a documentary on the story of American Gladiators. It’s call 30 for 30 and I see it on espn2. Pretty awesome watch! Makes me happy I have a Gladiators!

3 months later
#181 5 months ago

So I have had a Gladiators for while in storage, but I need space so I'm fixing her up atm. Shopjob is done, but there are some minor issues left that I have trouble solving because I don't want to sell a machine with issues. Maybe someone can help me out?

1. What is the most recent rom version? My says 'FC59', no slash something. I can't really find any information online...

2. The display is blank during certain specific animations (or test-menu actions), like 85% works fine. Is this a known issue? Might be some corrupt display roms? (again, can't find any roms and related information due to copyright)

3. The top two rows, and most-right three columns, of the DMD are not working. What could be the cause? I have reseated every connector already.

4. The right two flippers rondomly lose power shortly while the button is held and flippers are up all the way (EoS active, f.e. when cradling), it seems to happen more often when switches are hit but that might be placebo.

5. During play the game sometimes jumps to 'shoot again' (ball save) while the ball is still in play. After losing the ball and relaunching, it does not always detect that it was launch (causing it to remain in the 'shoot again' state). Maybe some bad through-opto's? It feels more like a software bug tho.

6. The flippers feel really wobbly, is this normal for Gottliebs?

Thanks in advance (picture is the 'BEFORE', will post the final result after the game is fully finished)

signal-2023-11-15-220511_002 (resized).jpegsignal-2023-11-15-220511_002 (resized).jpeg
#182 5 months ago
Quoted from ChapDDR:

[quoted image]

Small update:

Fixed problem 2, the random blank screens during specific animations, by doing a FACTORY RESET! Insane, right. Saw a post of someone having scrambled text and game logic, fixing it the same way.

Problem 3 is a WIP, some bad connectors on the DMD rows/columns that need to be replaced.

Also, the flipperissues also seem to have been gone since the factory reset.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
2,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-gladiatorsbeast-slayerwho-else-is-in-the-club/page/4?hl=explosiveegg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.