(Topic ID: 71134)

Gottlieb Gladiators...."Beast Slayer"....who else is in the club??!!

By 82Trooper

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by ChapDDR
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

signal-2023-11-15-220511_002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220123_165937 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220124_171605 (resized).jpg
C6E0DF32-F223-431A-8679-5B32ED150285 (resized).jpeg
A1AB3278-714B-48CE-978C-5E5BF41EF975 (resized).jpeg
glad2 (resized).JPG
glad1 (resized).JPG
glad3 (resized).JPG
17901195-0C99-491D-BFF6-83B961D19710 (resized).jpeg
ramp2 (resized).PNG
ramp (resized).PNG
B091AAC4-51DF-4FB3-AADA-1F820E4BE580 (resized).jpeg
57E3EFD3-C22E-4064-83B8-BF151324B8B7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1727 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.23.10 PM (resized).png
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 6 years ago

I just confirmed PBR flipper rebuild did not include coils. I thought it did.. Ok, so can someone just confirm which coil should be used stock? I'll message PBR as well.

EDIT: Confirmed by PBR, the left is a red the right is an orange....I find that odd but whatever!

1 month later
#102 6 years ago

I'm in the process of restoring one of these. Sadly my beast has been neutered (missing the shaker motor). Can any one please post or send me up close pictures of theirs? From what I can tell it's a Johnson HC970 3200rpm dual shaft motor but I've never seen one with two weights on it. Is there only one?

1 week later
#103 6 years ago

I just picked up a Gladiators and I'm not a fan of the shaker and thinking about selling it, does anyone know what these are selling for?

#104 6 years ago

This just came up in my Facebook memories, so I thought I would post it here for some good laughs if you hadn't seen it before. This is a 3 billion Mega Bonus that I hit 6 times, plus the additional Mega Bonus it awards you after ball 3 for a total of 7 times at 3 billion. Also hit it the first 3 times I went through when it was only 75 million. I did this on route after league one night. It took over 45 minutes of just shooting to build up the Mega Bonus to get it to 3 billion. Final score was 22+ billion.

Also, this Gottlieb factory tour video from 1993 is a really fun watch. The designer of Gladiator, Jon Norris shows the guy around and plays Tee'd Off, Gladiator and Cue Ball Wizard extensively in the game and gives out some pretty good pointer tips.

http://mediaburn.org/video/chicago-slices-raw-pinball-wizard/

1 month later
#105 6 years ago

My catapult never stops moving from side to side, is there a setting in the menu that would stop it from moving? And if so how does one get into that menu? I'm thinking it setup for harder that's why it keeps moving but I could be wrong

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

My catapult never stops moving from side to side, is there a setting in the menu that would stop it from moving?

There is a "home" micro switch on the right side of the catapult mounting plate that let's the game know when the catapult is home. It should rest in position to drop the ball at the upper left flipper.
Check to make sure that switch is being made when the catapult swings..Also check that the connector is on tight and the contacts aren't tarnished. This isn't a soldered switch connection.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just picked up a Gladiators and I'm not a fan of the shaker and thinking about selling it, does anyone know what these are selling for?

Hey Yesh, I installed a toggle switch on my shaker motor so I can turn it on an off. That thing rocks the house so much that I had to install it so I could play late at night when the family is sleeping. When I want to shake it up I just flick the switch on, and the rumbling begins.

#108 6 years ago

Ballz,

I was able to put 4 slightly longer screws in from the top of the bracket and on the underside, use washers and a bolt to secure it tightly to the cabinet. This was night and day with how loud it is. It's at least twice as quiet as before. I'm enjoying the shaker now

#109 6 years ago

My shaker never seems terribly loud. It rattles the backglass a bit but it's not annoying.

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

My shaker never seems terribly loud. It rattles the backglass a bit but it's not annoying.

Wow really?? I may have to take a closer look at mine and see if something is loose. When mine is shaking you have to shout to talk over it. It is almost obscene how loud it is.

#111 6 years ago

Not sure why people complain so much about the shaker. It's part of the allure of the game.
If you don't like it, just unplug it. Don't yank it out so it's missing for the next owner...

4 months later
#112 6 years ago

Had this game for about 4 years,, been playing a lot lately, finally got to the beast challenge for the first time and slayed successfully.. ! Gotten to it two more times this week, but not defeated.. Today playing I had a crazy good first ball,, over 1 Billion.. and game went crazy and switched to German on the DMD,, yes GERMAN?>>>>??? Also, had a question, my beast challenge initials do not show anywhere on the game when its in attract mode just sitting there??

#113 6 years ago

Just sold mine yesterday. Only had it around 5 months. Traded it for a nice RG. Fun game but it gets boring after a while. It’s also got a clunk to it when comparing it to a nice sys 11 like Riverboat. Good game though.

55385874-982D-4D0D-98C6-7E4B05C0A3CD (resized).jpeg55385874-982D-4D0D-98C6-7E4B05C0A3CD (resized).jpeg

2D78002D-2A94-4200-95FF-C80F17067524 (resized).jpeg2D78002D-2A94-4200-95FF-C80F17067524 (resized).jpeg

85EE7A5C-252A-4C06-8AA8-4D13FEEAF0E1 (resized).jpeg85EE7A5C-252A-4C06-8AA8-4D13FEEAF0E1 (resized).jpeg

579324D1-FEE8-4323-B864-C4E425F0300A (resized).jpeg579324D1-FEE8-4323-B864-C4E425F0300A (resized).jpeg

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Had this game for about 4 years,, been playing a lot lately, finally got to the beast challenge for the first time and slayed successfully.. ! Gotten to it two more times this week, but not defeated.. Today playing I had a crazy good first ball,, over 1 Billion.. and game went crazy and switched to German on the DMD,, yes GERMAN?>>>>??? Also, had a question, my beast challenge initials do not show anywhere on the game when its in attract mode just sitting there??

Battery is going bad on you...

#115 6 years ago

If someone is looking to leave the club, please hit me up with a PM!

#116 6 years ago

Does anyone know where to find the bridge rectifiers by the transformer? My game is out of commission right now, and im 99 percent sure that is the culprit. I think its the 20v one

1 month later
#117 6 years ago

Just picked one up yesterday, great game. Lots of shots/combos and crazy shaker. This is the first game I have owned with a shaker and my kid freaked out after it went off while he was playing. Pretty dark, gonna need to LED this game up. May not be the deepest or hardest game but it is pretty high in the fun category.

#118 6 years ago

I'm considering getting mine powder coated as the legs and side rails are in poor shape. Any body have any color suggestions? I can't seem to make up my mind...

2 months later
#119 5 years ago

Anyone with pics of alternate translites installed?

2 weeks later
#120 5 years ago

Does anyone know the latest software version of Gladiators? I made it to Beast Slayer mode and at some point during multiball the machine switched from English to German for all text on the DMD... thinking this can’t be right... thoughts? Ideas?

#121 5 years ago

Not listed on ipdb due to copyright. Looked at flippers.com real quick and isn't obvious.

One other question. Switched to LEDs and when I turn the machine off I have a few that stay lit for a while. Is this a capacitor issue?

#122 5 years ago

I’d think it’s a capacitor issue but can’t say for sure... are you using non-ghosting because they’re definitely needed.

#123 5 years ago

They are not non-ghosting and I have ghosting but the fact that they stay on for a minute after the game is turned off seems like a different problem. Now get some capacitors! Thanks

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

I made it to Beast Slayer mode and at some point during multiball the machine switched from English to German for all text on the DMD... thinking this can’t be right... thoughts? Ideas?

It's a known bug and absolutely normal. No code updates for that.

9 months later
#125 4 years ago

I joined the club today. Game plays great, though it doesn’t appear the shaker motor isn’t running. Is there a setting for that? Looks to be connected.

The thing that has me nervous about keeping this long term is the art project by the flippers. There is a hearty wear spot there. Gameplay is fine, but I know that will only get worse. I also am considering dialing back the LEDs, or at least flipping them to warm white. Not sure yet, I need to see what some of you other guys have done.

A1F6F818-0DE0-4387-8A2A-D4D14928490E (resized).jpegA1F6F818-0DE0-4387-8A2A-D4D14928490E (resized).jpegFD7688B2-5C62-4534-888B-7692D2B32942 (resized).jpegFD7688B2-5C62-4534-888B-7692D2B32942 (resized).jpeg

10 months later
#126 4 years ago

The left "sling" on the Gladiators broke. I don't have access to the machine atm, does anyone know the part(s) to replace the metal and plastic piece for that assembly. Not having the manual on hand makes Gottlieb stuff hard.

Parts broke from owner:
IMG_1727 (resized).jpegIMG_1727 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1725 (resized).jpegIMG_1725 (resized).jpeg

What I found/think?
PBL:
Here is there breakdown of the assembly I think is it
gtb-27454p (resized).jpggtb-27454p (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.23.10 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.23.10 PM (resized).png
Part 10 - GTB-20207 - metal plate the face is on
part 1 - GTB-20210 (clear target face)

stuff from marco but not looking correct
left kicker cam
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20297
plastic target face
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20210P

EDIT:
Here is the metal part I think from Marco
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-20207

2 months later
#127 3 years ago

Somebody please explain to me how to change this flasher. I cannot figure out how to access this bulb.

57E3EFD3-C22E-4064-83B8-BF151324B8B7 (resized).jpeg57E3EFD3-C22E-4064-83B8-BF151324B8B7 (resized).jpegB091AAC4-51DF-4FB3-AADA-1F820E4BE580 (resized).jpegB091AAC4-51DF-4FB3-AADA-1F820E4BE580 (resized).jpeg

#128 3 years ago

Will be listing a like new in box Gladiators has less then 100 plays and has leds and super bands; looks like it just slid out of the box; truly the nicest one you will ever see it’s perfect

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Will be listing a like new in box Gladiators has less then 100 plays and has leds and super bands; looks like it just slid out of the box; truly the nicest one you will ever see it’s perfect

I miss mine sooooo bad. Pm me price

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from Backdoc01:

Somebody please explain to me how to change this flasher. I cannot figure out how to access this bulb.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The black push pins get pulled up and then you can lift the yellow cap off. This will give you access to the bulb.

#131 3 years ago

The Gladiators I am working on had a busted up right ramp and I have a new one to install but I see a ramp edge protector in some pictures on line that neither ramp I have has installed.
Done anyone have some info on the guide shown in the first pic ?
My ramp assembly looks like the second pic without any protection.

Thanks.

ramp (resized).PNGramp (resized).PNGramp2 (resized).PNGramp2 (resized).PNG
4 weeks later
#132 3 years ago

Greetings Everyone,

This is Rob from Pinshakers and I have some good news for you. We are getting ready to release the next version of our shaker kits and they will be compatible with Gladiators! Beta testing was completed on a Stargate and the results are amazing.

An official announcement will go out as soon as the kits are released. In the meantime we need your help. Since the manuals for Gottlieb are unavailable for download, we have no idea what the trigger names are for each machine title. If you happen to have a manual for one of the machines in this line-up, could you please PM or email us the solenoid list. It should be located on the page for "Vll Parts Information" in a small section called "Solenoid, Driver Functions/Locations". That lists all of the solenoids/flashlamps and their names. Our email address is [email protected] in case you are unable to PM images on pinside.

Please do not post any images of the manual here in the forum. They are copyrighted material and we want to respect that. We will not post or distribute the images you send us and they will be deleted once we get the information we need in order to complete the user manuals for the shaker kits.

Thank you so much for your assistance, we can't wait to get these kits out to you guys!

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC
www.pinshakers.com

#133 3 years ago

When I half press the right button, the bottom right flipper goes first and after a deep press the top right flipper goes second.

With the left button this is the opposite order. Is this correct or does one need to be flipped so I can also cradle the ball with the left bottom flipper and flip the top left?

4 months later
#134 3 years ago
Quoted from Bumper:

When I half press the right button, the bottom right flipper goes first and after a deep press the top right flipper goes second.
With the left button this is the opposite order. Is this correct or does one need to be flipped so I can also cradle the ball with the left bottom flipper and flip the top left?

Any answers to your question?

#135 3 years ago

Anyone make any custom cards for Gladiators? I saw the other ones posted here, but wanted to see if there is any others out there?

Thanks

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from Bumper:

IIRC, all pinball and gladiators should act as your right button.
partial press and the lower flipper goes, press more/all and the lower stays up and the upper flipper flips. This is for staging etc.

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

all pinball and gladiators should act as your right button.
partial press and the lower flipper goes, press more/all and the lower stays up and the upper flipper flips.

This is how my Gladiators works.

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

This is how my Gladiators works.

Yeah, I remember both mine working like that. My old one I sold is coming back for a fix so I’ll have it sometime soon ish

1 month later
#139 3 years ago

I have a gladiators and the ramp isn’t moving much. Is the shaft into the motor Mech arm supposed to have set screws ?

17901195-0C99-491D-BFF6-83B961D19710 (resized).jpeg17901195-0C99-491D-BFF6-83B961D19710 (resized).jpeg

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is the shaft into the motor Mech arm supposed to have set screws ?

Its been awhile since I looked at the motor but yeah, one set screw.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/30061

A not great video of one working.

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

Its been awhile since I looked at the motor but yeah, one set screw.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/30061
A not great video of one working.

awesome! thank you. I'll hit the hardware store and see if they have any set screws. Probably have to freaking get a ton of small sizes to see what fits.

#142 3 years ago

Oh dang, the set screw isn't the hole I thought, it is (in my pic) on the end of it, on the right side. I just had to tighten. HOWEVER, the manual doesn't discuss how to adjust, operation, parts or repair of that moving ramp.

The ramp keeps hitting one side or the other when I try to adjust some. Any tips?

#143 3 years ago

My machine was pretty bare when I adjusted my catapult, so I used the set screws on the wireform up top.
I did need to bend my limit switch out some and adjust some plastic mounting points.

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

My machine was pretty bare when I adjusted my catapult, so I used the set screws on the wireform up top.
I did need to bend my limit switch out some and adjust some plastic mounting points.

The switch arm that is touching the ramp arm, where should that click? Above the scoop?

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

where should that click

Mine clicks at the end of the right swing and my wireform stops to the left of the hole.
If there is an official setup, I don't know it.

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

Mine clicks at the end of the right swing and my wireform stops to the left of the hole.
If there is an official setup, I don't know it.

I find it very odd the manual doesn't have the operations of that ramp. IIRC waterworld had some good documentation on the DEEZ motor assembly.

Well I suppose as long as the ramp isn't hitting the sides anymore I'll be happy for now.

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I find it very odd the manual doesn't have the operations of that ramp. IIRC waterworld had some good documentation on the DEEZ motor assembly.
Well I suppose as long as the ramp isn't hitting the sides anymore I'll be happy for now.

When mine comes to rest it’s very close to dropping the ball right in the kick out hole,
Not sure if this will help you?

5 months later
#148 2 years ago

Does Gladiator have an attract mode with audio?
I do not think I have ever heard my machine make any noise while sitting idle.

Thanks.

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

Does Gladiator have an attract mode with audio?
I do not think I have ever heard my machine make any noise while sitting idle.
Thanks.

Yes, if I remember the creature makes a sound, ill have to check mine.
Maybe yours is turned off?

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from Liftserv:

Maybe yours is turned off?

Looked in the manual and there is a attract mode sound option #45, I'll check it tomorrow.
Thanks for the idea.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
2,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-gladiatorsbeast-slayerwho-else-is-in-the-club/page/3?hl=mitoska and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.