(Topic ID: 71134)

Gottlieb Gladiators...."Beast Slayer"....who else is in the club??!!

By 82Trooper

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by ChapDDR
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

signal-2023-11-15-220511_002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220123_165937 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220124_171605 (resized).jpg
C6E0DF32-F223-431A-8679-5B32ED150285 (resized).jpeg
A1AB3278-714B-48CE-978C-5E5BF41EF975 (resized).jpeg
glad2 (resized).JPG
glad1 (resized).JPG
glad3 (resized).JPG
17901195-0C99-491D-BFF6-83B961D19710 (resized).jpeg
ramp2 (resized).PNG
ramp (resized).PNG
B091AAC4-51DF-4FB3-AADA-1F820E4BE580 (resized).jpeg
57E3EFD3-C22E-4064-83B8-BF151324B8B7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1727 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.23.10 PM (resized).png
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#52 10 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

For 3 years I have been looking at some other dudes initials on my machine, and it was a bit humiliating. Kinda like your wife having someone else’s name tattooed on her, becuase they reached a level you had not ventured into yet!!!

THAT is F'in FUNNY ... ROFLMAO !

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Is Gladiators a sequel??

Why yes, yes it is.

#54 10 years ago

Back in the line-up! Thee row of flow.
DSCN2340.JPGDSCN2340.JPG

#55 10 years ago

You've got my two favorite games right now side-by-side...

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

You've got my two favorite games right now side-by-side...

You had your chance! Now that I have sold TSPP and Gladiators is back in it's old spot, I'm keeping it! All the other games are great to start the evening with, but once you fire up the system 3s, the other machines just don't feel right. That's why I say at the end of the night, it's all about the Gottliebs.

1 year later
#57 8 years ago

I am finally in this club. I love gladiators... great game..

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If I ever start drinking heavily again, I will probably kick myself for letting either one go.

Don't kick yourself too hard!
It is such a fun game with a unique layout and the shaker is awesome with how much it shakes the entire machine. The music is also classic and adds to the appeal.

Slay the Beast!

#59 8 years ago

my friend freaking loves this game and wants it at his house over all the sterns.....wtf? I love me some gottlieb, but I'd take waterworld

#60 8 years ago

Beast slayer, never a combo master! At least not yet!!

2 months later
#61 8 years ago

Since Gladiators has 4 flippers and I need a rebuild. Do I need two of these kits?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/MA-9296-KIT

#MA-9296-KIT

includes - MA-1790 and MA-1791
But the picture obviously only shows 2 flipper rebuilds, not 4.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

my friend freaking loves this game and wants it at his house over all the sterns.....wtf? I love me some gottlieb, but I'd take Waterworld

Ha, we moved gladiators to his house. Now for me to fix it up. needs a flipper rebuild and opto's fixed at L

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Since Gladiators has 4 flippers and I need a rebuild. Do I need two of these kits?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/MA-9296-KIT
#MA-9296-KIT
includes - MA-1790 and MA-1791
But the picture obviously only shows 2 flipper rebuilds, not 4.

bump

11 months later
#64 7 years ago

Decided to revive this thread. I have been playing gladiators a lot lately, and i love this game!! I put 10 games on it last night, made it to the beast 3 times and drained right away. Started game 11 and man was it good! Slayed the beast on ball 1! I got 2 extra balls, wound up with around 1.1 billion!

#65 7 years ago

Yes, you would need two of them.

#66 7 years ago

Super fun game! It has simple rules, but keeps you coming back.
Probably the best Gottlieb no one has ever heard of.

#67 7 years ago

The next one i want is wipeout, but ive had this for 2 years and its not going anywhere!

#68 7 years ago

How many combo shots to get combo master? Im tired of seeing default initials on my game!

#69 7 years ago

Im in and wow what a game, so underrated, pure pinball bliss. The SFX and music are simply amazing and the game play is greatness.

#70 7 years ago

And the art/colors. With leds the game just looks like the gem that it is. I put red gi lighting under the ramps, blue near the back, and frosted white for the rest of the gi. Add in color matched inserts and it looks amazing. I did single diode for the inserts, and im debating redoing it to double diode. Everything about the game is a keeper for me. Except the combo master, since i cant get it!!! The first time i killed the beast my heart was pounding! That shaker going crazy, hit the last shot and i actually screamed since it took me almost a year to do it! Then the initials in the middle of the game is icing on the cake!

#71 7 years ago

It's a great game! Hook up a subwoofer to it! Wow!

#72 7 years ago

Welp, i found a NOS solder sample PF with the entire underside new & wired, it had a few spots of small damage, but you wont see it, I have been in the process of drilling it out and populating. Sourced an additional set of NOS plastics. I then found another gladiators, so I have two im working on at the same time. I will be selling one..

In my opinion, this game is worth the effort. Some unique and genius rules done with this game by Jon Norris...

1472311012113-1728702123 (resized).jpg1472311012113-1728702123 (resized).jpg

#73 7 years ago

Some one please sell me a clean example of this pin! Lol. I can't seem to fid one for the life of me...

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from CCary:

Some one please sell me a clean example of this pin! Lol. I can't seem to fid one for the life of me...

Mine is beautiful, but itd take your lotr to get it out of my hands!

Quoted from ZEN:

Welp, i found a NOS solder sample PF with the entire underside new & wired, it had a few spots of small damage, but you wont see it, I have been in the process of drilling it out and populating. Sourced an additional set of NOS plastics. I then found another gladiators, so I have two im working on at the same time. I will be selling one..
In my opinion, this game is worth the effort. Some unique and genius rules done with this game by Jon Norris...

Great looking playfield!

#75 7 years ago

I wonder how hard it would be to change the art and callouts and turn it into zelda like it should have been

#76 7 years ago

Amkoeper

That is a tall order. Lol. I have one and do love it. Just have so many more to redo. Was hoping to find another clean example one day because I love this game and don't know when I will get to rebuilding the one I have...

#77 7 years ago

Haha very tall order! Thats the one game i own that my price on it is insane. Since i wont sell it yet! What kind of condition is yours in? Well worth the rebuild on it! And theres a lot of parts available for it

#78 7 years ago

Ok, so its 4am and im at work bored. Im trying to figure out what the pre pitch system is that is advertised on the flyer. Does anyone have a clue what it is?

#79 7 years ago

Dude i hated it, the theme and artwork is weird, it plays like a turt.
I was not interested at all in slaying the beast.
Brutal...

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I will be selling one..

Let me know if you do. I am definitely interested! Waverly is just down the road compared to some for me haha.

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

it plays like a turt

A turtle? Its a great game.

#82 7 years ago

Anyone know about the pre pitch system? Im guessing it was an idea that never got put into the game

#83 7 years ago

I spayed I mean slayed the beast when I owned this title. Got a non working one for 200 bones and just replaced the battery and ended up trading it for a cyclone after disposing of the beast a couple times. This was a few years back of course. Game had some awesome flow! Kinda miss it sometimes....

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from sshughes75:

Let me know if you do. I am definitely interested! Waverly is just down the road compared to some for me haha.

Yea, its not that bad of a drive, if you love prarie views... Gladiators-2 is getting the shop job teardown right now simultaneously with my playfield swap and should be done in the next month.. ill list it then..

3 weeks later
#86 7 years ago

DSC03139 (resized).JPGDSC03139 (resized).JPG

DSC03140 (resized).JPGDSC03140 (resized).JPG

DSC03142 (resized).JPGDSC03142 (resized).JPG

DSC03141 (resized).JPGDSC03141 (resized).JPG

DSC03146 (resized).JPGDSC03146 (resized).JPG

DSC03147 (resized).JPGDSC03147 (resized).JPG

#87 7 years ago

Ohh pretty! Gives us the LED rundown!

2 months later
#88 7 years ago

Does anyone have a scan of the manual they can share with me?

2 months later
#89 7 years ago

Well i dont own the game, but i made new score cards for a bro that does own one.

Got orders to share, so here.

Gladiators (resized).pngGladiators (resized).png

#90 7 years ago

anyone do a flipper rebuild on this? I thought I did everything right,but the flippers never stay in place and lose positioning.

2 months later
#91 6 years ago

Question. I got the plastic and protector kit from steve at PBR, but not sure where most the plastics go. Is there a picture of any with them in? There are a few larger clear ones and a small gray one

Quoted from cnuts13:

anyone do a flipper rebuild on this? I thought I did everything right,but the flippers never stay in place and lose positioning.

Yup! Done two games. If the flippers are not staying then the set screws on the flipper shaft are not tight enough. This was the case on one of mine too. Had to keep tightening after some plays.

#92 6 years ago

Also a tip / fyi. The pre built optos at PBR do not fit. Buy the led optos loose (send/recieve) and install them into the original boards by hand.

#93 6 years ago

Found the locations of the protectors. Both back corners of the pf under the ramps. The gray piece goes on the side of the left ramp, riveted on.

Question though. Anyone have info or tips on adjusting the moving catapult ramp? How to keep it centered and the left to right movement? The manual does not have info on this.

#94 6 years ago

So the motor under the pf, has no "switches" it is on a rotating movement.

Sw30 is the switch above the pf that the ramp hits. I can't find what it means. If it is the "middle" above the hole or at one of the sides. I'm trying to center my ramp and it's been a journey.

#95 6 years ago

Hey @northvibe, i posted in a nother thread about this.. If you want me to make a video on it I can, I started making some repair vids a while ago .. Here is a link to one I did on a gladiators , most of these are gott system 3 general vids.. subscribe to the channel if they are useful to anyone ...

#96 6 years ago

Thank you so much zen!

I have a question though. Just got home and my ramp clicks the switch mmm more in the middle and when it swings to the left. When the ramp itself swings to the right the arm unclicks and moves away from the switch.

Is this correct?

I can take video or pictures. Just want to verify when the switch should be "switched"

IMG_3192 (resized).JPGIMG_3192 (resized).JPG

#97 6 years ago

Ahhhh, I did some poking around. My solenoid test only runs a 1/2 turn every press.

So the switch I took a pic of is what tells the relay below attached to the motor to stop, so it can stop after swinging. So I had to bend mine in a tad so it stops over the hole, it was always going to the right of the saucer. Now the ball just bounces out when dropping so I'll be trying to put a felt sticker or something on the end of the ramp.

Thanks for the help.

#98 6 years ago

I'm a little late to the party but this game is excellent! What's not to love?! Badass music, great light show, and amazing rule set. The cabinet is also a beast and is rock solid haha. I don't own one... YET

1 month later
#99 6 years ago

Anybody have a spare Gladiators playfield? Does not have to be NOS or populated. PBR doesnt seem to have one.

1 month later
#100 6 years ago

I need a favor from the Gladiators club.

The person who bought my game has/had the machine gun issue. I think it is the hold coil (as someone pointed out above ). But can someone take pictures of the two lower flipper mechs? right/left.

I did a full flipper rebuild (all 4), but he says one is orange and one is red...so I'm sort of confused as I want to say they were all the same from PBR...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-gladiatorsbeast-slayerwho-else-is-in-the-club/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.