• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

00E09F71-459E-4A90-B3BF-5F40F6B93B7E (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

Hey guys-

Just noticed the Ramp Motor in my Gottlieb Gladiators isnt working anymore. I've tried to engage the motor in test (listed as sol 22), but nothing.

Some things I've tried so far:
*I've tested for continuity across all fuses under the playfield and by the power supply
*I've tested Q23 and that looks to be fine (doing continuity test with ground), the manual has this going to sol 22
*I've measured AC voltage at the plug (A9J23) and was getting a constant 35V, in test or out of test, the motor is 50VAC
*I've bench tested the motor and it spins up

The one thing I've noticed is that the test menu shows the Ramp Motor as "Relay B", but I cannot find any such relay. The others I've seen (Q, T, etc).

I've tried looking through the manual I have, and really can't seem to find anything else to try, short of trying to hand follow the wire harness.

Any insight would be appreciated!

#gladiators

#2 2 years ago

** Solved **

Thanks Gottlieb lol, I was looking for the relay by the other banks, but it’s LITERALLY right by the motor. Of course the manual doesn’t mention this relay at all.

Just needed to be reseated and we’re all good!

Hopefully this saves someone else a few hours of wasted time

00E09F71-459E-4A90-B3BF-5F40F6B93B7E (resized).jpeg00E09F71-459E-4A90-B3BF-5F40F6B93B7E (resized).jpeg
#3 2 years ago

Thanks for posting info on how you solved it! I bet it will help someone in the future

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-gladiators-ramp-motor-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.