Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Greg2608
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have a gottlieb Gladiators from 93, its in fully working, shopped out condition. Playfield only has wear in the middle of the pop bumpers at the playfield entrance. I'm just wondering what its worth on a low to high end fully working with a cab on it that is a 7/10 in my opinion because there is some minor chips in the side art that would be easily restorable with a new set of decals, etc. This site says unknown on the pricing and there was only 1,995 made. Any pricing info would be awesome. I plan to put an LED Kit in it soon as well. A price before and after would be cool too if your feeling nice =D

#2 11 years ago

LED kit won't add as much value as it costs in time and money, better to let the next owner decide.

As for value I've seen a couple on ebay recently but I don't recall the price - maybe they're still up there or listed in recent sales.

#3 11 years ago

I'm no expert, but I would guess there's not much love out there for Gladiators being it's a System 3 game.

$1k if it's in great condition? Maybe less. I don't know the TX market. If it were in MN, I would guess that it would sit for a couple weeks at $1k.

As a rule of thumb, LEDs neither add nor subtract value. My thought is that folks usually have a strong opinion one way or the other about LEDs, and by adding them, you eliminate half of your audience. however, with a low demand game like yours (no offense. really, I've got a System 3 too!) the presence of LEDs probably doesn't matter much.

Best of luck. If you're feeling nice, post some before and after pics with the LEDs!

#4 11 years ago

yeah I figured I'd just end up giving it to my mom as she's really the only one who plays it lol. $1000 is about right I'd say for this game

#5 11 years ago

I got mine for 1100 and it was plain MINT, probably a HUO but no proof.
I tried selling it for 1300.00 am it sat for a bit and finally traded it for a PotO to another pinsider.
I've been trying to sell the PotO for around 2 weeks now, If I don't jinx it someone it coming
To look at it next Sunday.

Gladiators was supposed to be Zelda, did you know that.
Gottlieb lost the license from Nintendo after the pin was finished LoL.
Just think if Gladiators would be Zelda we wouldn't have had any problem selling it.

#6 11 years ago

what is a good high score on gladiators? Put up a good one but can't find something to compare it to.

#7 11 years ago

I don't really remember, PM Darkfaith, he's the one who got it from me and he's got the goods to get a HS on it.
If I can remember it was easier to get a big score on it.

#8 11 years ago

ive got mine slammed in the front and jacked all the way up in the back, which resulted in a 7.5 degree slope, set to 3 ball, tournament settings and options to hard and/or advanced settings..ive scored 2.6 billion and my son has hit around the 1.8 billion mark. i absolutely love gladiators, its an extremely underrated game.. not too deep, but just plain fun to play

#9 11 years ago

It comes with a shaker motor too!

Haven't played it but it looks decent. It would be neat if someone did make a Zelda version.

#10 11 years ago

Looks like a neat game, price is tought, no idea... 1k sounds about right??

3 months later
#11 11 years ago

i got mine for $300...and i LOVE IT! (laundry mat was tired of it not working...blown fuse ) no its not a TAF or TZ but for the price its a great pin. Shaker motor, rotating ramp, 4 flippers, great video....i just love it all. I see them all the time on ebay and they "try" to get in the $2000.00 area but never seem to sell. Im always looking to replace a plastic or two that i have that are cracked. Ive never heard it was suppose to be Zelda, Is this documented somewhere? Id love to read about it and learn more.

#12 11 years ago

I've got one and will be listing it for $1200 obo. Not too much wear on it either. Gladiators is love it or hate it. I think it's fun but am selling off a bunch of pins in lieu of the NIB Tron I've got coming next month.

For what it's worth I think it's a good machine for the $1000-1500 price range. Four flippers, a couple of ramps, shaker motor, DMD, decent animation, decent ruleset, crazy multiball. There's an interesting feature where if you want the ball to come down out of the pop-bumpers (say because a goal is timed and you need the ball NOW) you press and hold both flipper buttons which disables the pop bumpers. Fun feature that I haven't seen on other pins.

Sounds GREAT with a sub too, and I'm sure would pop with an LED set but like another poster said, let the next buyer throw those in if he wants them...

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Celiac502:

Gladiators was supposed to be Zelda, did you know that.

That would have been awesome!

#14 11 years ago

It also appears to be extremely well made and designed.
I saw one recently and noticed that the fuses were located
on the underside of the playfield near the front for easy access.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

It also appears to be extremely well made and designed.
I saw one recently and noticed that the fuses were located
on the underside of the playfield near the front for easy access.

+1000 for noticing. The machine is also built like a tank. We laugh moving it around when comparing it to new Stern machines which I think are made of cardstock now...

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

There's an interesting feature where if you want the ball to come down out of the pop-bumpers (say because a goal is timed and you need the ball NOW) you press and hold both flipper buttons which disables the pop bumpers. Fun feature that I haven't seen on other pins.

Funny ive had mine for almost 2 years now and NEVER knew that!

#17 11 years ago

That shakers is wicked will shake the paint off you walls lol

#18 11 years ago

I have seen the from 200 dollars to 1000 just depends on you area I had mine for sale forever for 1200 finally traded on a deal for a Wwf it is super tough to sell so don't plan to make anything on it but in a collection its a fun game kinda miss mine

#19 11 years ago

I have mine at work. Everyone loves it. Game is in great gape except that wear in pop bumpers. I would list mine at $1200 and see what I could get. But to me any DMD game from the 90's in good shape is worth 1k. Sys 3's don't get much love but non pinball people like them

#20 11 years ago

I like the theme. You should bring it to the Houston show in November. Someone may fall in love with it.

#21 11 years ago

Interesting about the pop bumpers disable- I wonder if this is the case on Cue ball wizard- the modes are so short. I'll have to try it

#22 11 years ago

Oh ya so if you hold both flipper buttons it disables the pops. Also if you push the flipper buttons only partially down only the bottom flippers flip. Push hard and all the way and both sets flip.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Oh ya so if you hold both flipper buttons it disables the pops. Also if you push the flipper buttons only partially down only the bottom flippers flip. Push hard and all the way and both sets flip.

I understand this is the case with all dual-stage flipper switches. My JP, for example. Pretty handy when cradling during multiball and you need to make a shot blocked by an upper flipper.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I understand this is the case with all dual-stage flipper switches. My JP, for example. Pretty handy when cradling during multiball and you need to make a shot blocked by an upper flipper.

Ya I've tried it on most games with upper flippers and think they all do it. But never knew!! Gladiators has a shot like that where the upper flipper blocks it if you don't do that trick.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from mattmain:

what is a good high score on Gladiators? Put up a good one but can't find something to compare it to.

Northvibe has his Gladiators at the office here. One of the other employees has a high score over 750 million on it from last week.

#26 11 years ago

I picked this game up and everyone seems to like playing it. now if i can figure out why game freezes when you hit first target in beast chellenge I could go after a good high score. lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-gladiators and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.