• Gigi Gottlieb, 1963

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gottlieb Gigi Coind Door wire loom (resized).jpg
Replay Switch Wiring (resized).jpg
Gottlieb Gigi Replay Switch Wiring Original (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
Gigi Subtract Replay Unt (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead52.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from smohr:

Good Afternoon All,
I have resolved a few issues on this project. Replay Unit was not advancing on high score/match or special. All 3 were due to a switch on the replay unit not adjusted correctly. I checked/cleaned the zero position replay switch thinking that was the issue, but no. I have checked all the switches in the red outlined area, they all seem to be making contact when needed. The game plays correctly all the time. If I manually set the replay unit reel to zero, I can still start a new game and play to completion. I checked/jumpered the subtract coil and that does work and substracts 1 game. Kinda seems like its setup for free play. The coin door has been stripped of the coin mechs and only has the red start button that will start a game when pressed. This is not a show stopper for me but I like to have things work the way they should. Thanks for taking the time to read this, any advise is appreciated.
Thanks
Steve
[quoted image]

If your credit contacts are open at position "0" then it sounds like they have rewired the door and put one of the coin switch wires on the start button. check the color codes at the door jones plug.

#7 5 years ago

Yep. you'll need to add at least coin mech frames and coin switch and make up a new door harness or try to find one. What is the size of the jones plug on the fuse block, how many leads? I may have a spare door harness.

#9 5 years ago

good, so you have all the leads. looks like a 2 chute arrangement. You can get the function of each lead from the diagram, including the the anti-cheat switch leads (black and the striped one). 1st chute switch BL to orange, 2nd chute green to orange. Start switch BR to orange.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead52.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-gigi-replay-unit-not-subtracting?tu=pinhead52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.