Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by smohr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Gigi Gottlieb, 1963

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smohr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I wrapped up the few fixes and adjustments needed to have the pin play 100%. So now I decided to put the backbox door panel on.. and crap, when doing that is dampens the bell sounds to a point that they are barely heard. I take the door off and they are loud. Do the back door panel on the wedgeheads tend to do that? I just thought, could the coil for both bells be weak, they are the correct coils (A5143 & A1496) according to the schematic.

thanks
steve

#3 5 years ago

Thanks Vic,

I can see already that the 10 point bell plunger has NO plastic tip, so I'll correct that. (I should have known to check for that)

As for the one point bell striker, I can see that the striker is not striking properly. I'll make adjustments there and see how things go..

Thanks again, I'll report back when I can

Thanks
Steve

#4 5 years ago

Thanks again Vic....

Both bells are sounding much better.... with the backbox door on....

I replaced the broken 10-point bell plunger with a good one.

The 0-9 bell was not installed in the correct location on the 0-9 unit, once I reinstalled it into the slide mounting hole and positioned it, all's good

Thanks
Steve

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smohr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-gigi-bell-sound-to-soft?tu=smohr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.