• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• Gigi Gottlieb, 1963
#1 4 years ago

I just picked up a Gottlieb Gigi today and the return out of the "Speshul" rollovers is brutal, draining between the flippers most of the time. I read a review on IPDB in which they wrote about a "Williams Wrist" maneuver to use in the situation, but they didn't explain what it was. I tried Google, but had no luck. Any idea?

#2 4 years ago

Just a guess, Im thinking it's a slight nudging, just enough to change the path of the ball.

have you tried different pitches, that should change the path somewhat

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from smohr:

Just a guess, Im thinking it's a slight nudging, just enough to change the path of the ball.
have you tried different pitches, that should change the path somewhat

I'll give that a try when my new leg levelers arrive. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 month later
#4 4 years ago

I'll be danged if I can remember where I read this, but I believe the "Williams twist" (that's what the review at ipdb says, although "wrist" would make sense too) is when the ball comes down the left outlane and hits the lip of the outhole enough where it bounces back up to the right flipper. I also have a Gigi and this is a real game-changer. I've played a few more Gottliebs that do this and it must be something with the apron of the period. So why is it called a Williams twist? I don't know (and I don't know 100% if what I said is accurate anyway). Maybe I haven't played enough 60s Williams games.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from John-H:

"Williams twist"

Betting this technique was developed and named by a premier old timer EM player, Sam Harvey,
Who had an affinity for early 60s Williams games, that were designed to have lots of nudging action
for best playability.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-gigi-amp-williams-wrist-move and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.