• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2014 (resized).JPG
IMG_2015 (resized).JPG
IMG_2013 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Topcard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I'm working on bringing a Genie back to life and I have a problem with the drop target coils being locked on. I've done a ton of trouble shooting including swapping out the boards with a pascal janin 4 in 1 board from another machine, replacing relevant connectors, and checking the coils and diodes. I did find one burnt out coil, a broken switch blade and a bad diode, and replaced all of them.

At this point I'm wondering if someone before me changed a coil and screwed up the wires. I'm wondering if someone could post some close up photos of the drop target coils. I'm also open to suggestions.

Thanks!

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from RacingPin:

Do you mean the large 7 bank in the back or the 4 bank in the middle
Mike V

Actually both, to be sure.

#5 5 years ago

Hey, thanks for the photos. As it turns out, my wires on the smaller drop target bank actually were on the wrong lugs. Unfortunately, even after I switched them my problem remains, so maybe I reversed them when I replaced the burned out coil, or they were wrong and I copied it, but either way, the issue runs deeper.

I'll be starting a different thread, but thanks again for the help.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from RacingPin:

Here are some pics.

Mike V

Hey Mike,

Would you be able to post an up close photo of the small drop target bank coil? I know you posted one above, but in that photo it almost looks like you have a wire I am missing, but it may just be the photo isn't that clear when I enlarge it.
Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Topcard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-genie-picture-needed?tu=Topcard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.