5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190311_143808 (resized).jpg
    20190311_143802 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Recently got a Genie in pretty good working order, just need a few mechanical adjustments to dial it in and it's been working well for a few weeks now.

First electrical issue came up now and my mechanical background isn't doing me much good... any pointers would be great

Upper right (small) flipper is locked on when you start a game and held there by the coil (not when the machine is turned on before you start a game). It started doing it just sporadically during gameplay here and there but then just decided to stay on for good. Lower flippers controlled by the same button are working fine. It appears that this coil has already been replaced by a orange SFL-20-300 (all the other appear to be original) so it seems this may not be the first time that this flipper has had issues. I've inspected the leaf switches and they all look OK, or about the same as all of the other ones at least...

Any tips on where to start here? I assume, maybe incorrectly, that since the coil holds the flipper that it's not dead the issue *shrug*

Thanks in advance!

20190311_143802 (resized).jpg20190311_143802 (resized).jpg

20190311_143808 (resized).jpg20190311_143808 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Second switch on the lower left flipper.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Second switch on the lower left flipper.

Thx! It ended up being the switch on the right flipper (maybe that's what you meant). The leaf was all bent out of shape, looks like both sides could use some new switches... really appreciate your help (as do my coworkers)!

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from JLay:

Thx! It ended up being the switch on the right flipper (maybe that's what you meant). The leaf was all bent out of shape, looks like both sides could use some new switches... really appreciate your help (as do my coworkers)!

Whoops, yep. Misread your post on which side it was!

not sure if those switches are available, but hopefully PBR has them? When I got my Genie one of them was snapped right off

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-genie-locked-upper-flipper?hl=jlay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.