(Topic ID: 218232)

Gottlieb Genie help needed. Reward offered.

By Topcard

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Topcard
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2036 (resized).JPG
IMG_2034 (resized).JPG
IMG_2035 (resized).JPG
IMG_2033 (resized).JPG
Capture+_2018-06-03-15-11-27 (resized).png
IMG_2378 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fireball2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

You gotta have either a bad diode or short because I highly doubt it's the pascal board. Have you tried the switch test

This. Did you test/replace the diode for that coil? It's on a separate diode board under the playfield. You have to cut/unsolder one end to test it. Follow the wire from the coil (not the power wire, which probably is daisy chained to the next coil) to the 4in1 board driver section, and look for a short to ground.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Topcard:

When I put the Pascal board in my Genie I still had the short or whatever the issue was and it blew a transistor. But not realizing that, I just assumed it confirmed my original driver board was fine. Over the last week or so I have replaced, diodes, coils, broken switch blades, exposed wires, you name it. So I may very well have fixed the original problem, but I would never know it, because the transistor on the board was now blown.

This exact thing happened to me with a sys80b driver board. Bought a brand new board and the original problem fried a transistor on the new board without me knowing it at the time. Sheesh. What a pain.

Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waterbury, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fireball2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-genie-help-needed-reward-offered?tu=fireball2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.