• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by wadwerks
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

genie.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wadwerks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I just picked up a Genie and have a few little issues I could use some help with. First off the right upper flipper is pretty weak I looked at the coils on both upper flippers and the weak one looks like a new A-17875 just like the lower flippers but the strong left flipper has a a-5141. Do I need two new coils or just one and if so what coils should be there. I also have 3 new a-20095's and trying to decide if I should use those for the lower flippers. Last problem is the only noise it makes is the na, naaa, na , naaa, naaa. Not really sure how to describe it other then that but if I hit the sound test switch it plays all other sounds, and some times it will play the sound when I hit the flippers. Is it possible there a switch some where that is supposed to make that noise that could be touching or gaped to close?

Thanks,
Jon

#5 10 years ago

It does not score when it makes the sound and nothing is hit. I am going to do the ground mod in a day or two. Hard to tell on the connectors, if they are original they are beautiful but the inside of the cabinet looks like brand new and there is no corrosion on and connectors. The guy I got it from thought it was the sound chip so figured I would try everything else before trying to hunt one down. I do notice the once in a while when something is scored for a split second it starts to make the proper sound then that damn na, nana, naaaa naaaa kicks in. I tried changing the sound switch and it changes the sounds but still does the na, nana, naaaa naaaa sound the whole time just sounds different.

2 weeks later
#14 10 years ago

Ok yea I get nothing when hitting the 10 point switches so might be one of those, I didn't know there where so many. I have also noticed that all my flippers seem to be weak so not gonna change them till I find the cause of the weak flippers.

#15 10 years ago

Well good news is I did find a closed 10 point switch. As it did fix the fact that the 10 point switches where not scoring it still continues to laugh at me with that sound.

Post edited by wadwerks : ooops

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wadwerks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-geni-help?tu=wadwerks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.