4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Hangman57
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hangman57.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

to start with I would like to up date you all on my basement, 58 Wurlitzer I have refurbished and kicking need different speakers but all good. shuffleboard good to go, robo war pin up and died after 10hrs of straight play, but its the mpu so existing was 30yrs plus with a lot of fingers playing with it, so new board time. Now the problem, my genesis machine is running about 99% without issue, but I hate things that don't work when they should, in the back light there are a row of 12 bulbs that have never lit up, now I think they should flash or something when the robot appears but nothing actually I don't know when they are suppose to light, and I cant trace it back too many wires to contend with, and the aux light boards are ok. has anyone made this repair yet and all I need to do is change or fix something simple. I have done some tracing but nothing, now all the grounds are done, power supply done, 5 volts at aux light board when machine is operating, robot does light and flash when coming exposed, any help will be appreciated.

when I am done with all the toys I will post some pics

#5 4 years ago

thanks i will do a little more investigating, swapping the aux light boards didnt change anything so the both boards i believe are ok. i can pull in the relay on the far left of the underside of the pf that activates the cover on the robot and the relay above controls the lights in the window, but i cannot seem to get the ones to come on in the back light. i think that maybe the power source but the wire coding changes so i cant even hot wire to one of the chase boards to see if i am going the right way, a little more help would be appreciated.

#7 4 years ago

thanks a lot appreciated the insight, will check that tomorrow, now I got a problem with my robo war, the mpu apparently died so I replaced it but that really didn't accomplish much except expense, but at least now I know what it isn't, the game boots up, takes credits, start button works, but the balls wont load, and the gate for the ramp stays open (same as before replacing the board), I suspect a bad wire or something like that, but I cannot locate it I think all stems to the j6 connector got any insight on this. there is a problem with the aux light board but that's a minor I think.

thx gary

#9 4 years ago

checked those concrete resistors seem ok, at 4 ohms, and not over heating, there is 5 volts at the relay the one switch i believe to be for the back light bulbs, the switch above the one that turns on the robot window lights. so there is power, and power to the aux boards both of them, so unless i have a partial failure on both aux boards there is something else that is causing the lights not to work, i will keep plugging away maybe get lucky with a broken wire or something like that.

also with my robo war ended up replacing the mpu with a swemmer works great when i found the real issue, turned out to be 3 broken pins in the j6 connector that shorted out the fingers and then the board, didnt even notice till i went looking, now i got to find the pins for that j6 edge connector, does anyone no the actual part # or size, plan on going through great plains, and going to do them all.

thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
2,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Luis Obispo, CA
Machine - For Sale
Badjeros, ON
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 8.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hangman57.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!