Just started this thread to document with pictures and info about my restoration of my first pin! My wife and I are very excited to get this pin and get it looking the best we can.
This was a very solid #Genesis to begin with. I want to say 90% working...maybe 95%. Had a few bulbs blown that we changed(going to replace every bulb with a new one when my order arrives.)
There were a few flashers that still wouldn't work. All the ones in the back box would not work. Ended up being the resistor had a wire loose. Resoldered the wire and they work flawlessly. The flashers under the right ramp wouldn't work and that also was a wire loose on that resistor.
At first the reveal would not work. Lights would come on but not the motor for the reveal. Then all of a sudden it did work... I believe that the solenoid was bound up somehow. Might have bumped it when pulling up the playfield. Who knows lol. Works everytime now. Going to pick up some sewing machine oil to lube it up.
I also noticed that only one pop bumper was scoring but they were all working. Looked at the bottom of the playfield and noticed that someone had broken off 3 of the 4 scoring leaf switches.
Ordered rubber kit, new pinballs, light bulbs, and the 3 pop bumper switches. Everything should be in within the next day or two.