You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20210627_221537_4 (resized).jpg
Driver Board (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

I am just finishing up my Genesis project. I replaced the Driver Board with Ni-Wumpf, this fixed the sound and a few things. I am just trying to fix the robot reveal. Is there a way to manually test/actuate the reveal?

During some trouble shooting for the reveal I shorted out one of the relays, it was a quick contact no smoke, smell or any noise. As soon as I did this I lost sound and every solenoid and all lights came on on the Ni-Wumpf driver board. The display and lights are working. I checked all the fuses I could find. I tried the original A3 driver board with the same results. Did I blow a board? What controls all the solenoids that could cause this problem?

Thank you,

John

Driver Board (resized).pngDriver Board (resized).pngIMG_20210627_221537_4 (resized).jpgIMG_20210627_221537_4 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

I am also getting a Prom Check-Sum code 'Prom 1-078F what does this mean?

#3 2 years ago

fuse F4 is coil voltage and is regulated down to 12v by the aux power board used by the sound board

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

If the fuse tests ok measure across the bridge + & - to see if you are getting 24VDC

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

fuse F4 is coil voltage and is regulated down to 12v by the aux power board used by the sound board
[quoted image]
If the fuse tests ok measure across the bridge + & - to see if you are getting 24VDC

Found it. Checking now

#5 2 years ago

Thanks. It ended up being the fuse. Not sure why but when I checked the continuity across the fuse in-place the multimeter last night I got a signal. I pulled the fuse out and it was blown.

Now I just need to replace the fuse.

Cheers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-genesis-no-solenoids-or-sound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.