• Latest reply 7 years ago by jwinn1812
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2016-06-13_09_56_34-Clipboard_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Just picked up a Buck Rogers which is in fair condition. The last person had put a P1-X4 board in (he also did not purchase the daughter sound board for it) but could not get the drop target to work. He had ordered new coils but not installed them yet. it was not the coils. I did notice on the old schematics that there is a fuse that both drop targets run through, Was this on the boards that were replaced or I have seen some threads that say it is on the playfield. So I guess my question is: Is it hidden on the playfield and I am just overlooking it? any other suggestions on why they would fail to test they both read 9 ohms on the coils.

I did have one other coil not working but it was because he had put crimp on spade connectors on it.

#2 7 years ago

There is one fuse on the underside of the playfield that I can see.

2016-06-13_09_56_34-Clipboard_(resized).jpg2016-06-13_09_56_34-Clipboard_(resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

In general, Gottlieb had the fuses for drop target reset coils located on the playfield.

#4 7 years ago

Thanks I will look for it when I get home not sure how I would not have seen it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-fuse-location-buck-rogers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.