Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by boilerman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

fun land head (resized).jpg
IMG_6295 (resized).jpg
Fun Park Bell Assemblies (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I am currently restoring a Fun Land and am curious about the bell assemblies for each machine. The schematic for the Fun Land has one bell for 10 points and one for 100 points, (as shown in the second photo). I guess no bell is heard for single points scored.

The Fun Park is the Add-A-Ball version of Fun Land. It is shown in the first photo. This game has 3 bells as shown. I don't own the Fun Park nor do I have a schematic to determine what the third bell is for.

Any ideas??

Fun Park Bell Assemblies (resized).jpg
IMG_6295 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

On Fun Land, there is a 0-9 stepper unit that generates the match number. This unit has a bell mounted on it that is sounded by the drive arm of the stepper. The stepper is actuated each time 1 point is scored, so that is where the 1 point bell sound comes from on Fun Land. This setup was a very common practice on Gottlieb games in the 1960s.

The main purpose of an add-a-ball machine was to be legal in jurisdictions where any free game award was considered gambling winnings. As a result, Fun Park doesn't have a 0-9 stepper unit because there cannot be a match feature on an add-a-ball game. So a stand-alone 1-point bell assembly was used for the 1-point bell sound instead.

- TimMe

#3 3 years ago

I should also mention that the bell on the 0-9 unit often falls off after many years of use, or is removed to make the machine quieter for a home setting and eventually gets lost. So that may be why the Fun Land you are working on doesn't have a bell mounted on the stepper.

- TimMe

#4 3 years ago

That Fun Park sure looks familiar.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from TimMe:

I should also mention that the bell on the 0-9 unit often falls off after many years of use

I just noticed on the bottom of the stepper shown, there is the arm extending out the bottom for the bell. This too is missing from the machine. All 3 bells were missing when I purchased this. I see a couple complete steppers with the bell assembly on Ebay right now.

Thanks for the clarification. (Still learning)

#6 3 years ago

Those 1 point bells that work off the 0-9 unit just don't work very well. They don't have much volume or a good sound to them.

I removed the one on my Royal Guard and instead I bought a bell assembly from PBR and wired that in for the 0-9 unit. Much better.

#7 3 years ago

fun land head (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9,099.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 339.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 15.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside