Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pinballbrian
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

step (resized).JPG
IMG_8715 (resized).jpg
IMG_7504 (resized).jpg
IMG_2867 (resized).JPG
IMG_2866 (resized).JPG
IMG_2864 (resized).JPG
IMG_2862 (resized).JPG
IMG_2863 (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

Would love some help on this. My game has a jumper from the start button to allow autoplay (previous owner). Any game, I get to the last ball (5) and once drained, the game stays on ball 5. I adjusted the switches on the Game Over relay but it didn't seem to help.

When on the last ball:
IMG_2862 (resized).JPG
IMG_2863 (resized).JPG
IMG_2864 (resized).JPG

If I manually pop the relay, this is what I get:
IMG_2866 (resized).JPG
IMG_2867 (resized).JPG

So first, what does the number 9 in the back glass mean? There are 0-9 on there and I don't get what they have to do with this relay. Second, does this just seem to you guys to be a bad coil? Or should I start somewhere else?

This overlaps a question I posted in the General EM sub-forum. Moderators please feel free to delete that post.

#2 1 year ago

I'd first check the ball count unit to see if it's rotates easily in all positions. If the wipers on the ball count unit don't line up on the correct position (the 6th position???), then it will never go into game over mode...

The number 9 in the backglass should be a "match" number, which will award a credit if the number matches the number of the far right score reel at the end of the game. Match numbers will be between 0-9 and one of those numbers will light up at the end of a game.

#3 1 year ago

That ball count unit doesn't have a 6th position. See pic attached. I no longer have a schematic for this machine to check the game over circuit.

IMG_7504 (resized).jpg

#4 1 year ago

To set for free play read this. Pic attached is from my Fun Land set to free play.
Gottlieb Free Play.
There is one switch that controls free play on a Gottlieb game. Set the credit wheel to zero credits (shows zero credits through the backglass). On the stepper unit there will be a notched wheel with a pin sticking out. This pin should have opened two switches only when the credit wheel is at zero credits. Adjust only the smaller of the two switch contacts (located closest to the backglass) so it's permanently closed (or use a jumper wire), regardless of the credit wheel position. The other switch should operate normally, and be open when the credit wheel is at zero credits. Note there may be another movable pin (with a slotted head). This is the maximum credits pin. Do not change the switch this pin contacts. Your Gottlieb game is now set on free play.

IMG_8715 (resized).jpg

#5 1 year ago

Revisiting this for more help. I have 2 problems that baffle me.

1) 3 Ball game works perfectly fine, but 5 ball game will get to "Last Ball" and never go to game over when the ball is drained.
2) In 5 ball, reset the game, close the trough switch, the ball counter goes to 1 as it should, and Sequence #10 immediately trips. If I try to reset that relay, it buzzes.

And help or direction would be great.

#6 1 year ago

these contacts do the game over feed, 1 diagonal pair for 3 ball, another for 5 ball. The wire tab can become loose from the rivet and not make good connection, Ive had to crush the contact to get it to work. wiggle the attached wires to see if they is loose

step (resized).JPG

#7 1 year ago

Yep I got a loose one. Gonna pull out the main cabinet board today and do a cleanup and switch check on everything.

5 months later
#8 1 year ago

Patrickatx.are you still checking this thread.would like to pm you about funland. also have one.just went thru mine.messed up a few relays.wires to lockin switches. also have to get reverified so I can pm you about getting a few pics if ok.also is your game working.dont know if you have it but there is link posted today Feb 21 .page 208 .show us you E M .topic.em- pinman gave me list of everyone on forum who has this machine if you dont.will check back in couple of days to see if your still here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.50
$ 25.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
€ 4.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Multigame
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Deadpool Premium Out of stock
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 38.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside