You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot from 2017-10-27 07-54-06 (resized).png
Screenshot from 2017-10-26 22-12-39 (resized).png
gtbsch5 (resized).jpg
20171023_191105 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ajfclark.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from brightonrock:

The 10's wheel in my Gottlieb Free Fall I think has a broken switch. This switch is normally closed on the other wheels and opens every time the wheel rotates one digit. Can someone confirm this is broken and if so what part number is a good replacement.

That's the reel EOS switch, I think the part # is B-10801. They are not 100% necessary. I have two in my sky jump with broken EOS switches.

2nd problem (or the main one which lead to me finding the possible broken switch) is that the wheel gets stuck at 0. I have uploaded a video...I did try manually putting a jumper in and out to simulate the broken switch working, but it seemed to have the same problem.

If you watch the switches, at a few points during the rotation, there's far more pressure from the switches holding back the rotation. If it's sticking at one of those points (usually 9), it's likely that the return spring has given up the ghost or everything has just gummed up so much it doesn't move freely anymore. If you manually operate the plunger and the unit feels stiff, it's probably the latter. Pull the unit apart, clean the goo from behind the metal plate that drive the reel, reassemble. If it moves freely but doesn't have enough oomph to push the switches, the spring is more likely. You can cheat, pull the unit apart, shorten the return spring a few loops and put it back together.

It's a bit odd that it's sticking 0-1 though. That does push the switches out, but not as far as the 8-9 step. I'd check the shape of the wireform and the inner edge of the reel that pushes the wireform.

#17 6 years ago

It was getting held in.
I did what ajfclark suggested and cleaned the whole unit. It works fine now (even without the switch). The only problem now is upon a reset the game continues to fire the step unit and the 10's does not get to 0. If I force it to zero, the game rests and plays fine. I have to check the switch is being made properly tonight.

So during play it can step 9-0?

If you can, see what's causing the resistance to turning. There's only a few things going on specifically at the 9-0 transition, mostly at either end of the wireform that opens and closes the runout, reset and 9th pos switches. Is that wireform in the correct place in the switch stack? It's not getting hung up on the inner edge of the reel somehow?

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

I don't see it. Can you post a screenshot with an arrow pointing at what you saw?

Compare this with the picture above.
Screenshot from 2017-10-26 22-12-39 (resized).pngScreenshot from 2017-10-26 22-12-39 (resized).png

#29 6 years ago

I just checked your original video. It was out of place there too:
Screenshot from 2017-10-27 07-54-06 (resized).pngScreenshot from 2017-10-27 07-54-06 (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ajfclark.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-free-fall-score-wheel-help?tu=ajfclark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.