• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hi,
I am trying to repair a Gottlieb Wedgehead “Flying Carpet”. 1972
When I turn the game on, the back box lights up. Tilt is lit. The tilt relay energizes on the reset bank in the lower cabinet.
No other activity. I have checked the slam switches: The Coin door, lower cabinet and back box switches are all closed.
Ideas on what I’m missing?
I appreciate any thoughts !

Jon

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from JON1826:

Hi,
I am trying to repair a Gottlieb Wedgehead “Flying Carpet”. 1972
When I turn the game on, the back box lights up. Tilt is lit. The tilt relay energizes on the reset bank in the lower cabinet.
No other activity. I have checked the slam switches: The Coin door, lower cabinet and back box switches are all closed.
Ideas on what I’m missing?
I appreciate any thoughts !
Jon

I've seen something similar. I'm not a tech so uh, look for the thing that looks like a stack of CDs/records. Rotate them a little a little by hand, like 1/4" at most, close it up and then give it a try.

#3 6 years ago

Pendulum? Try blocking switches on the Tilt relay (it's adjusted correctly?)
one at a time to find the wires involved and trace back.

#4 6 years ago

When you power on Gottlieb machines of this era, they will be in tilt mode. When you push the start button, the playfield lights will turn on, the machine should reset and the ball will be kicked to the shooter lane. So, make sure they are credits showing on the credit wheel. If you still cannot start the machine, you can manually push in the start relay to see if the machine will begin the reset process...

#5 6 years ago

Thanks. I tried all of that.
Game won’t start. If I push the start relay, the score Motor turns 1/4 turn. Then stops. That’s all.

#6 6 years ago

Does it have a ball tilt on the inside?

#7 6 years ago

You didn't mention the tilt switch on the bottom of the playfield either.

#8 6 years ago

There are four tilt switches on the machine. All of them have a orange/white/red wire and a red/white wire attached to the switch wire lugs. Make sure all are adjusted properly and they are in the open position. Also, check the R relay to make sure the switches are adjusted properly...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 51.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 16.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-flying-carpet-stuck-on-%e2%80%9ctilt%e2%80%9d and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.