• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by poppapin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hi all,
Does anyone know where I could find instruction/score cards for a 72 Gottlieb Flying Carpet I just acquired? Seems rare and hard to find for some reason. Can’t find used or downloads or anything. Also looking for a lockdown bar and recommendations on where to order a play field glass? Thank you

#2 4 years ago

You can download the files here and then print them on nice card-stock of your choice: https://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

Can also check with The Pinball Resource ([email protected]) and ask Jimmy if they happen to have any of these in stock.

Playfield glass you should just contact a local glass supplier and see their cost for a piece of tempered glass (without the "tempered glass logo") in the right size. If you were here in Texas there's a guy I could point you to in the Austin area that always comes to TPF that sells sheets for about $30/apiece.

Lockdown bar: Check ebay regularly and also post on the "EM Seeking Parts" thread here on Pinside.

Great game -- good luck in your search!

#4 4 years ago

Thank you all, appreciate the help!

#5 4 years ago

The price on those lockdown bars will go way up before the auction is done.

I've talked a couple of times to Steve Young about why they won't reproduce them. The last time what I got was there's one die missing that they need and it's not cost effective for him to do it. Hard to believe that given that these things are in demand and generally they are in bad shape and need a lot of work. He sells new side rails yet we have to put an old lockdown bar on even if we do buy the rails (and the coin flange and the door and all the other parts). You can have an almost completely new rail/door/coin combo but you can't get a new lockdown bar to finish it properly. Frustrating.

Espcially that you can get a Williams bar. It's not completely correct for the EM era but it's close enough and works fine.

#6 4 years ago

Yes, eBay bar is already going up and I’m sure I’ll be very lucky to get it. Agreed, seems like it should’ve been an easy part to find and was surprised it wasn’t reproduced.
Also, had searched the instruction/score card sites referenced by goldenboy, and for some reason the only thing I can find are pics of the cards on the database and some other images. No scans. I guess just try to match it up from scratch?
Also was wondering what thickness glass is best?
Again, thanks for any help!

#7 4 years ago

You didn't state your location but some of the pin shows like Allentown and York usually have playfield glass for sale.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 51.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-flying-carpet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.