2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

My Flipper pool has started play up, l have the game set to add balls at '10 target balls', '12 target balls', '14 target balls' and '15 target balls', also to add a ball at 2000 points and 5000 points. What has started to happen is it wont add balls at 10 and 12 target balls. Inside the machine there is the add a ball stepper which l have checked and cleaned contacts but this has made no difference. l changed the the add a ball to 9 and 11 target balls via the little pin bank and the machine works correctly when setup like this. Any pointers to why 10 and 12 target balls are not adding balls?.
Thanks in advance.

#2 2 years ago

First eyeball the switches on the pool ball relays in the backbox that they are opening/closing correctly and sufficiently, and the series relay bank(s) in the cabinet are fully seated by loosening the two wingnuts and then retightening them while pushing the bank fully into the mounts. They can sometimes get loose. It's probably going to be a switch not closing or is dirty in one of those two areas.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from durriti:

it wont add balls at 10 and 12 target balls.

Sounds like a bad connection or dirt in the Ball Rack Advance unit disk and wiper.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4 2 years ago

Forget my previous suggestion, I was thinking in terms of a Bank a Ball I used to own, the replay version, which is different.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-flipper-pool-ball-count-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.