6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by KingNine
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I thought I had this game working 100% but low and behold it slapped me in the face and said whoa boy. The game has 5 roll over up top. When you go through lane 1 through 5 it lights its corresponding number near the spin wheel. The game adds a ball if you hit the number on the spin wheel that is lit from the lanes. It is also supposed to add a ball if you lite all 5 lanes. However it adds max balls and runs it up to 10 when all 5 are lit. What would make it do this? is it a separate switch from the single number on the spin wheel? My only guess without schematics and more time before I had to leave was a different switch somewhere that is stuck. You would think a machine gun is being fired when it awards 9 balls that fast lol.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from fredsmythson:

I think the playfield features on this machine are unique, so it will be tough to troubleshoot without a schematic. Basic checking first - visually check any switches related to the spin wheel. Another check is to see why the stepper unit is adding multiple balls. You can go back from the stepper advance solenoid and trace the circuit/wires back through the switches to see if there might be a mis-adjusted switch or shorting switch somewhere in the circuit...

Thanks. I've been out of town for a few days and will get back on this this afternoon. Since all other ways of adding balls work correctly and there is not a specific relay in charge of adding balls I have concluded it must be a switch (or switches) on the 1 thru 5 roll overs. They each have a lock in solenoid with about 4 contacts. My guess is once all five lock in it completes a circuit to advance a ball. I can't see anything mis adjusted but have tried cleaning them a few times. I have not had more than one extra extra ball added since this so I think I'm getting somewhere but it is such a crap shoot with no schematics. Sometimes they are posted as pics on idpd but alas that is not the case here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Egg Harbor Township, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-flipper-parade-help?tu=kingnine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.