6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zacaj
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bdPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I had an issue with the left flipper on my Big Hurt. I can't remember exactly why, but the flipper coil got a little hot, and it seems like the inside melted a little bit. Now, even a new coil sleeve woudln't seem to make it any better. So, I broke down and bought a new Coil, as well as a flipper kit. When I was disassembling the left side to put in the new parts, and swap out that coil, I see that the flipper coil I was sent doesn't seem to match the color of the coil that was in there. On the underside of the playfield it plainly states 29876.

I'm not sure where, or how I got this 25959 Coil, I know I orderd it along with this flipper kit, but I'm guessing I called, or talked to someone online, or through email, and they had told me this was the coil, before I had a chance to look so I just took them at their word and ordered this one. I looked through one of the manuals, and I see the coils are very similar, but are they similar enough to do the job? I really don't want to replace the original with one that is any weaker than the first one was! I'm trying to make this flipper stronger after all!

A-25959 Flipper 3.85 / 202 22-445 / 30-1225 RED Flipper (new)
A-29876 Flipper 2.36 / 202 23-560 / 33-3325 ORANGE Flipper (new)

This is part of the table from Pinball medic talking about the coil sizes associated with these two numbers- From what I understand about the windings, am I correct in thinking that the 959 Red one is going to be stronger than the 876 since it has a lower number of turns, and a smaller gauge wire?

Thanks for the enlightenment guys.

-Brian

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bdPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-flipper-coil-29876-or-25959?tu=bdPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.