FLIP 003.JPG
FLIP 002.JPG
FLIP 001.JPG
FLIPACARD 005.JPG
FLIPACARD 004.JPG
FLIPACARD 003.JPG
FLIPACARD 002.JPG
FLIPACARD 001.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Getting a flip a card running, have everything working pretty much except special. When the special lights and the rollovers light up and you hit them no knocker, no points nothing. Cleaned W relay. If i manually close the switch on replay unit knocker will sound. Game is apparently on free play and credit unit doesnt move. So, how do i get special to knock and score if its supposed to while set to free play?

#4 9 years ago

No coil movement on credit wheel as far as I can tell

#6 9 years ago

Here are some pics:

FLIPACARD 001.JPGFLIPACARD 001.JPGFLIPACARD 002.JPGFLIPACARD 002.JPGFLIPACARD 003.JPGFLIPACARD 003.JPGFLIPACARD 004.JPGFLIPACARD 004.JPGFLIPACARD 005.JPGFLIPACARD 005.JPG

#8 9 years ago

Changed credit wheel position and it wouldn't start at all(!?). Put credit wheel back as seen in pics and it starts. I've got the schematicsFLIP 001.JPGFLIP 001.JPGFLIP 002.JPGFLIP 002.JPGFLIP 003.JPGFLIP 003.JPG

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

That top switch on the stack is open, which will prevent any credits from being added.
The return spring is wrapped around the post; looks like the cam has been messed with and things are out of whack. Compare to a second game if you have one (I'll see what pics I've got of a correct one).
So at least two issues with that credit unit as it sits.

Thanks again for the info. That explains why the unit didn't turn that easy! I'll try and tackle the spring later today or tomorrow. So top switch should be closed in zero position? I assume it'd be best to unscrew unit/pull away from game to work on that spring?

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from burnt_finger:

I think some of the confusion is when your credit wheel is in reset “0” credit position it does not show “0” in the credit box so you might think there are credits when there is not. Your pictures show the max credit switch open but I can still see your credit wheel max of “15” when your unit is at max “15” should be displayed in the credits on the backglass.
So here is what I would suggest,
1. Get the credit unit into the reset position.
2. Correct the alignment of the credit wheel to show “0” in the backglass.
3. Manually step/reset the unit and adjust the switches if need be.
I think once you do that until you close the minimum credit switch for free play anything above “0” for credits will start a game. I also attached one of your pictures that shows the max credit switch open and the reflection of the credit wheel so you can understand what I am saying.
Hope this helps.

312992-i.jpg 46 KB

Great info. Thanks for labeling the picture. I think I've got a clear idea of where things should be now. I'll try and get them in the correct position after I figure out how to get the spring back in order as well.

#17 9 years ago

The post was in the wrong hole.!..? Rotated it and realized there was no way to make it look right with the post where it was...switched holes to make it look like your pic and it works. Tried out the special and knocker works. The bakelite/fiber board piece broke in the process but doesn't appear to be an essential component. Now, can I jumper this somehow to get free play and still keep the special or is that one or the other?

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I'm not sure when they switched over, but sometime between Atlantis and Jungle Queen they went from the Bakelite spacer to a piece of metal with fish paper on the top side. I'd guess maybe after they reverted to the classic credit unit after giving the half-moon credit unit a try. So maybe with the '76 titles.

I think your problem is that your credit units are too clean and shiny

#26 9 years ago

I had an old flipper link out and ready to go when I realized it worked without it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-flip-a-card-special-knocker-credit-question?tu=wickerman2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.